Inside Sales Account Manager – Life Sciences – 12 Month Maternity Cover
Salary: £21,000 Basic + 25% Uncapped Commission + Up To 8% Matched Pension + Full Private Healthcare (Discounted for Family) + Laptop + 25 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + Buy or Sell an Extra 5 holidays + 4x Basic Salary in Life Insurance + Excellent Career Development, Training and Uncapped Earnings Potential!
Location: Office based in Leicester
The role of the Inside Sales Account Manager:
- Selling the companies market leading range of products and services on the phone to a range of technical customers from Procurement Managers, Laboratory Managers, Research Assistants and department heads to technical/ scientific end user staff
- Work with Management to develop a detailed territory plan to ensure all sales and margin targets are achieved and exceeded. The plan should include account prospecting as well as detailed SWOT analysis
- Managing existing accounts (80%) of the role across the Government, Healthcare (NHS) & Education (Universities) versus business development (20%) of the role which will involve prospecting new customers
- Travelling to visit customer sites (5%) of the role and getting involved in product demonstrations & technical presentations to achieve a successful sale face to face.
- To achieve optimum levels of business for each opportunity, by cross selling and up selling on the varied product ranges
- Maintaining all call productivity levels as per the set KPI’s
The requirements of the Inside Sales Account Manager:
- You will have a minimum of 1 year’s Telesales/Customer services experience required, preferably from a scientific environment OR other related industry
- Highly self motivated individual with outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels in a scientific & technical environment
- Educated to degree level (BSc or equivalent) in a Scientific dicipline e.g. Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biomedical Science, Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Genetics, Oncology, Chemistry OR multiple years experience of working within a laboratory using scientific equipment & consumables
- Able to build mutually beneficial relationships with customers
- Great organisational skills
- You must be a vehicle owner & hold a full & UK drivers license
- Ability to working in a team environment to agreed targets
Our client is market leading global laboratory supplies & high-quality safety equipment company with worldwide sales of over $3.5 billion US dollars, over 8,500 employees in over 25 different countries. Offering a diversified product mix, including chemicals, glassware, plastic ware, equipment, instruments and other life science and laboratory products/ supplies, head to toe safety and protective wear, protective clothing and a large range of Safety signs, first aid kits and waste management equipment.
Apply today by sending your CV to Oliver Gill of Langton Howarth Ltd via email to email@example.com or call Oliver in confidence right now for more information on 0113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.