Territory: UK & Nordics
Your location: You could be based anywhere UK
Our client’s cutting-edge software and informatics portfolio includes some of the fastest, most accurate, and advanced solutions for analysis, interpretation, and data aggregation.
Market leader in comprehensive software, informatics, and data solutions stand alongside sequencers to offer flexibility for growth, LIMS and advanced data science and automation tools
Your informatics commercial experience means that you know the value of being a trusted partner with your customers, you are dedicated to ensuring they have strong, robust solutions to their informatics needs and you’re looking to join a market leader in this field
The Informatics Sales Specialist will use their technical knowledge and expertise to provide pre-sales support to prospective customers and colleagues on Next Generation Sequencing and Genomic data analysis pipelines, applications and products primarily for use in genetic and clinical research or testing. They will act as an influencer and expert resource for customers and others to ensure success while enabling sales growth through strategic activities, and creative problem solving. The Informatics Sales Specialist should be viewed as a “go to” subject matter expert for all things Informatics, with primary focus on enterprise products.
If you want to push boundaries and join a culture fuelled by innovation, collaboration and openness, this role could be for you. If you want a brilliant, fast-paced, mission-driven environment, then this is the place for you.
Day-to-Day duties of the role:
- Drive customer adoption and utilisation and thus sales growth, of our Informatics products by:
- Providing technical guidance and subject matter expertise during the sales cycle.
- Consult with customers on informatics requirements (such as hardware and software required for data analysis). Typically application specific
- Provide proof-of-concept/proof-of-principle analysis to demonstrate product fit-for-purpose
- Partner with third party providers to provide end-to-end solutions that drive companies overall value in research and clinical labs
- Work closely with other sales team members, including account managers and other sales specialists (e.g. Sequencing, Clinical, IDN/Health Systems) to make customers successful in Bioinformatics and NGS data analysis. Would be working particularly closely with Sequencing Specialist team.
- Involve other more technical or supporting roles to facilitate demos and other deeper customer assessment or pilot activities to ultimately drive sales.
- Develop, coordinate and conduct both basic and advanced informatics presentations and seminars for customers.
- Provide Voice of Customer input and feedback to development teams, various marketing teams and others as needed.
- Become the regional subject matter expert for Informatics, training the broader sales organisation. Primary focus will be on Enterprise Informatics.
- Significant commercial experience in a Sales or Support function
- Experience with Sequencing data analysis and interpretation (Variant Calling, filtering, annotation, interpretation and reporting)
- Knowledge of sequencing applications (current and emerging), and related data formats, file types, data footprints, and typical analysis methods
- Recognised technical expertise in clinical informatics, bioinformatics or an associated area
- Experience with common software toolkits, applications, pipelines and algorithms for Next Generation Sequencing analysis, including emerging enterprise platforms
- Knowledge of relevant cloud services and providers, including basic pricing models, etc.
- Ability to successfully work collaboratively in a highly matrixed sales organisation
- Must be willing to travel up to 60% (under “normal,” non-pandemic restricted conditions)
Salary and Benefits:
- £70,000 – £110,000 Dependant on experience
- 50% of base salary amazing bonus potential (depending on performance)
- Company Car or Allowance
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ben Atherton (International Recruitment Manager) today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK or Germany to be considered for this role.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who would be good for the role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.