In House Pipette Service & Calibration Technician
Salary: £18,000 – £30,000 + Annual Bonus + 20 Days Holiday + 8 Days Bank holiday + 5% Matched Pension Scheme + Private Healthcare + Free Parking Onsite
Location: Milton Keynes
- The ideal candidate will have 1+ years’ experience of working in a laboratory or service environment and will have experience of the use of pipettes; however, this is not essential as full training is provided
- Specifically, you would be currently working as an In-House Pipette Technician in a Liquid Handling/Biotech company such as Anachem, Gilson, Sarstedt, Alpha Laboratories, Greiner Bio-one for example OR as a Pipette Technician for a University or Pharmaceutical company i.e. GSK or AstraZeneca
- The ability to work with very small components
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good customer service skills and professional telephone manner at all times
- The ability to learn and handle technical enquiries, speaking with customers and problem solving
- Be PC literate in Microsoft products including Word, Excel & Outlook with the willingness and ability to learn bespoke software
- Reliable and flexible
- A good basic level of English and Maths
- The ability to work alone as well as part of a team
- Have a full driving licence and be able to travel if required
- Have full Eligibility to work in the UK
The Pipette Service & Calibration Technician will be required to service, repair, calibrate and perform preventative maintenance of pipettes both in-house and at customer sites when required; always ensuring that the Service Department operates to ISO 17025 standard.
To work towards targets agreed in conjunction with the Service Manager. To make positive contributions within the team. Administration support is also expected.
- To act as an Ambassador for the client at all times
- To ensure the Service Department operates to the ISO 17025 standard
- To have full understanding of the laboratory’s Quality Manual
- Clean and service pipettes to the approved standard
- Maintain records of pipettes serviced
- Ensure correct health and safety practice is adhered to
- Responsible for equipment needed for on-site calibration i.e. pipette spares, paper etc.
- Ensure targets are achieved
- Regular meetings for feedback within the group
- This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an award-winning manufacturer of Liquid Handling Technology, they’re now the UK’s leading manufacturer of pipettes/ pipette tips and related consumables and have experienced impressive YOY sales growth for the last twelve years
- A highly dynamic company with a focus on new product development; they have extended their portfolio and now have an extensive range of products including pipettes, pipette tips, gloves, PCR consumables & bench top equipment
- Team focused organisation that empowers its UK Sales & Service team through regular training, sales meetings and inspirational management. They just keep winning awards and keep on growing!
This is an immediate requirement so please apply today by sending your up to date word CV to Oliver Gill: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call Oliver for more information on: +44 (0)113 243 3499
To be considered for this role you must have full right to work within the UK
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.