Head of Site Operations – Laboratory Services
Salary Circa: 650,000 SK – 817,000 SK + Full Executive Company Benefits
Your Location: Based in a commutable distance to Mölndal, Sweden
Do you currently hold the title and responsibility of Site Leader, Head of Site Operations, Service Delivery Manager, Customer Service Director, Head of Customer Service, Senior Operations Leader, Head of Service, Service Director, Site Director or similar?
Do you have experience of managing high value budgets in the region of $5M+?
Do you have proven knowledge of, and experience of working with, the Life Science industry supplier base including analytical instrument OEM’s, service providers and consumables vendors?
Are you tenacious, passionate, ambitious and results driven?
If you answered yes to the above, then this may be the ideal role for you…
The requirements of the Head of Site Operations:
- The ideal candidate will already have 5+ years’ experience as a Site Leader/Operations Manager managing multi-million-dollar budgets in highly regulated Laboratory and / or manufacturing Pharmaceutical settings
- Previous experience of delivering Engineering, Facilities Management or similar services to the Pharmaceutical, Medical Devices, Healthcare, CRO or Biotech customers
- A proven knowledge of, and experience of working with, the Life Science industry supplier base including analytical instrument OEM’s, service providers and consumables vendors
- You could also be a Site Leader/Operations Manager in the Avionics, Automotive, Food & Beverage or Industrial Automation/Engineering sectors
- Experience of continuous/process manufacturing and working with SLA (Service Level Agreements), KPI’s, Lean Six Sigma is preferred
- You will be educated to a minimum bachelor’s degree in Business Studies, Economics, Engineering, Chemistry or similar
- You will also need to have a sound knowledge of FDA guideline interpretations, GMP, GLP and audit experience
- Have a wide scope of knowledge on business processes to drive out costs in research and manufacturing of FDA regulated efforts
- You will also need to be able to demonstrate the ability to develop and implement innovation and strategies across multiple sites and geographic locations
- A track record of effective leadership, team building, strong organisational skills, project planning and management with a participatory management style
- Excellent presentation and communication skills and MS Office literacy is required
The role of the Head of Site Operations:
- As the Head of Site Operations, you will be an active and positive member of the Laboratory Service Operations team, leading a regional Laboratory Services group and maintaining open lines of communication with client representatives, end users, alliance partners, and operations managers
- Manages day to day activity of the regional Laboratory Service Operation to ensure delivery of Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) and developing, tracking and optimising Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Prepares Services work stream budgets and manage program costs and savings to approved plan, proactively reporting variances and recovery plans. Identify and communicate opportunities for cost savings and increased scope
- Ensures day-to-day and long-range activities for defined Laboratory Services scope are planned and that appropriate resources are available. Ensure that all programs and procedures of the Services staff are being properly implemented
- Responsible for Laboratory Services personnel including hiring, promotions, recognition, discipline, and performance management
- Together with the Senior Operations Leader, establishes and coordinates goal setting, performance reviews and incentive/salary administrative processes for direct reports and possibly those reporting to direct reports, utilising TALEO, GPSS, Pure Safety, CHESS etc. Ensures training records are maintained and up to date
- Provides appropriate team skills analysis, training plans and tracking for Laboratory Instrument Services Technicians / Engineers and Laboratory Technical Services support technicians
- Communicates operating philosophy, objectives and expectations to Laboratory Services personnel in a continuing effort to build the site team
- Ensures all in scope services follows appropriate client procedures and Government regulatory codes
- Drives implementation of account level quality program and manage / integrate the development of new or expanded services to the contract and quality manual
- Communicates formally and informally with customer’s staff
- Connects with the wider Pharma Services Communities of Practice through the Innovation and Product Group, Pharma Services Director and peer account leaders
- Responsible for identifying, sharing and implementing best practice, training and resources between sites, regions and accounts
- Operating in multiple countries on a global scale my client is an industry leading 360-degree laboratory services provided for major multinationals in the Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences sectors
- Key examples of these services include: Sourcing & Multi-vender management, Data Advisory, Programme Management and Innovation & Customer Engagement
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Oliver Gill today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499 or +44 (0) 7792 488 206.
You must have the right to work in the EU.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone would be good for the Head of Site Operations role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.