Field Support Scientist – Laboratory Automation
Salary: £50,000 – £60,000 DOE + Bonus + Company Car / Car Allowance + 10% Pension (Non-Contributory) + Phone + Laptop + 24 Holidays + Bank Holidays + Life Assurance + Private Medical Insurance + Permanent Health Insurance + Subsidised Gym Membership
Home Based: UK
Territory: UK Wide
The Requirements of the Field Support Scientist:
- Life sciences degree such as a BSc, MSc or PhD in Biomedical Science, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Immunology etc. would be highly beneficial
- You will have 5+ years’ experience working in a Laboratory environment within a Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Clinical or Academic environment
- For 3+ years you will have been the centralised in-house contact for Laboratory Automation having experience of scripting with machines from brand such as Hamilton, Tecan, Beckman Coulter etc.
- You must be customer-orientated and be able to provide a high level of customer service as well as technical expertise to a range of customers
- The Field Support Scientist will have a full and clean driving licence and a valid Passport
The Responsibilities of the Field Support Scientist:
- Utilize Tecan, Hamilton, Beckman or other HT liquid handling software and instrumentation expertise to create and develop custom automated scripts using reagents in the customer laboratory or internally while being recognized as the technical product expert for the reagent application and instrument applications
- Execute solution implementation and end user training of HT workflows and drive account management/commercialization efforts in conjunction with local sales for high throughput reagent adaption
- This includes technical reagent recommendation, creating custom automated workflows, customer training, method and reagent troubleshooting while focusing on customer requirements
- Customer Focus is required while partnering with global sales and customers to answer technical questions regarding products and technologies
- Provide remote and or onsite support (pre- and post-support) as needed. Will be responsible for presenting commercial materials around products and services (positioning, standardizing demos, competitor knowledge and how to handle demos and questions around these topics)
- Core focus of FSS work will be driving and supporting HT workflows to support the integration of a Promega reagent when using an automated liquid handling instrument. HT reagents/workflows include processing different sample types for DNA/RNA/Plasmid/ccfDNA other nucleic acid purification workflows along with other solutions in Cell Health and Viability, Protein Purification, Mass Spec, Human Identification and Molecular Diagnostics
The Company and Opportunity:
- My client is a leading provider of innovative solutions and technical support to the Life Sciences industry
- Manufacturing an impressive range of products, they enable scientists worldwide to advance their knowledge in Life Science Research, particularly in Genomics, Proteomics and Cellular Analysis
- Their products are also used to support Molecular Diagnostics and Human Identification
- A multinational organisation, my client continues to grow significantly year on year, whilst still maintaining a friendly, supportive and team orientated environment
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to OwenFothergill@langtonhowarth.com or call Owen today on 0113 243 3499.
To apply for this role you must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for the role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.