Field Support Engineer
Salary: Negotiable DOE + Company Car or Car Allowance + 22 Days Holidays (+ Bank Holidays) + Xmas Shutdown + Excellent Pension Scheme + Mobile + Laptop
Territory: South UK (Travel on a National basis will be required at times)
Home Location: London or Home Counties
Do you have 3yrs+ experience as an Analyst/Method Developer in a Chemistry/Analytical laboratory and are motivated to progress your career as a Field Service Engineer?
Do you have a passion for troubleshooting, fixing and optimizing the machines and instruments in your laboratory?
Are you a resilient, driven and personable scientist with a talent for building strong relationships and delivering excellent customer service?
If you answered yes to any of the above, then this may be the ideal role for you…
The Requirements of the Field Support Engineer:
- The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience of working with GC-MS, LC-MS and GC-MSMS in an analytical laboratory as a Chemist, Analyst, Research Scientist, Calibration Technician or similar
- You should also have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of analytical method development
- Experience of working with SIFT-MS is desirable but not essential
- Candidates need, by nature, to be calm, clear thinking, practical individuals who enjoy and are good at problem-solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a high standard of inter-personal abilities are essential attributes for the job
- Previous experience as a service engineer is not essential, as full training will be given
- Willingness to travel on a National basis when required
- A full, preferably clean, UK driving licence is required
The Position of the Field Support Engineer:
- The main focus of this role is to install instruments, train users and give effective after-sales technical support by telephone, email and site visits
- This includes repair, upgrades, planned maintenance and application support
- Provide excellent technical support to our customers and to ensure that they remain customers for the long term
- The job involves travel within the UK every week, with some overnight stays plus occasional overseas travel
- Keep up to date with the company’s products & services and maintain an understanding of what the customer requires and relate this back to the appropriate person within the company to meet the customer’s needs
- Build and maintain harmonious working relationships with colleagues
- Pass any new potential sales leads back to the internal and field-based sales team
- My client is one of the leading providers of Analytical Scientific Equipment in the UK!
- They are an agile and innovative company – This structure means each of their employees can feel valued and everyone has the chance to make an impact
- As part of a wider group of scientific companies you will be surrounded by constant support in the role giving you every opportunity to succeed
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to email@example.com or call Oliver Gill today on 0113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.