Field Service Manager
Salary: £60,000 – £70,000 + Company Car/Car Allowance + Mobile Phone + Laptop + Pension + Healthcare + Company Share Scheme + 24 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
Home Based: Greater Manchester
The Requirements of Field Service Manager:
- Ideally you will possess 7+ years direct service management experience gained in field service-based environment
- Right now, you will be a Field Service Manager, Service Leader, Customer Support Manager, Head of Service etc.
- Proven experience with running and developing service organisations within Life Sciences capital equipment, Laboratory Automation, Laboratory Robotics, Pharmaceutical Manufacturing or related equipment
- The Service Manager will likely hold a Degree at minimum BSc in a Scientific or Engineering based discipline – E.g. Biology, Chemistry, Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical etc.
- The job holder is required to have experience of client interfacing at management / senior management levels, and have a high degree of commercial / contractual awareness
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage time efficiently and multi-task
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and within a team
- The job holder requires a good working knowledge of service / project planning software
- The successful candidate must hold a full and clean driving licence
The Role of Field Service Manager:
- Leadership of the Customer Support team for the Consumables & Instruments product range
- Responsibility for all systems installations post of customer site acceptance
- To manage software support, preventative maintenance, modifications and enhancements, routine servicing, warranty work and emergency responses
- Interacts directly with customers to address and resolve product/service concerns
- Regularly visit clients for contract/system checks and conduct operational/performance related reviews
- Manage the Customer Support Engineer and Technical Support team’s daily activities
- Responsible for management of assigned regional service organization and improving customer satisfaction with the goal of growing the business
- My clients’ Consumables & Instruments business unit is focussed on the bench-top products for sample storage and associated devices
- Currently they operate in two main markets/ applications:
- Drug Discovery: typically, pharmaceutical companies wanting to store chemical compound samples in volumes from 50µl to 5ml at temperatures from -20°C to room temperature
- Research Biobanking: typically, academic/research institutes wanting to store biological samples (eg blood serum) at -80°C or DNA at -20°C
- My client is the leading supplier in both of these markets. The sales cycle for their stores is in the range 6 to 24months and typical order values are $1,000,000 to $5,000,000
- My client operates globally, with Europe, the US and Japan
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to OwenFothergill@langtonhowarth.com or call Owen today on 0113 243 3499.
You must have authorisation to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.