Field Service Engineer – Spectroscopy, FTIR and UV-VIS – South UK
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience + Private Health + Personal Pension contribution (3 to 6%) + Company Car or Allowance + Phone + PC and Laptop + 23 days holiday (+ stats) + Excellent Working Environment
Based: South UK (you will ideally be living in and around the M11 motorway corridor)
- Previous experience (2-3 years minimum) as a Service Engineer is essential for this role; you will be installing, validating, maintaining and repairing a range of laboratory and life sciences equipment this could include: chromatography (HPLC, GC, MS or SFC), Spectroscopy (FTIR, UV-Vis, UV-Vis-NIR, Fluorescence and Spectropolarimeters)
- As the Field Service Engineer you will be educated with an HNC, HND or a minimum of a BSc in a Life Sciences/Chemistry discipline or an ONC/HNC in an engineering discipline
- Must hold a Full UK driving licence
- Experience of effective verbal communication skills in a customer facing or customer service environment, with excellent telephone manner
- Demonstrable experience in supporting customers and the service co-ordinator to achieve business objectives by providing accurate service reports to deadlines within the Field Service Engineer role
- The work will involve installation including related customer introduction training, repairs, preventative maintenance services, qualification services, remote technical support by phone and e-mail, the territory includes London, Greater London, Cambridge, Oxford and Essex (with travel sometimes down to Bristol/ South West UK)
- Working closely with sales, attending demonstrations and presentations
- Focussed to achieve: long term loyal customers, low call back rates, work in a cost-effective manner and be pro- active in creating revenues, company profit, whilst following the company’s quality-based procedures.
- It is essential that the candidate has a flexible attitude and happy to work within a small friendly team
The Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is a leading analytical instruments supplier of chromatography (HPLC, SFC) and Spectroscopy (FTIR, UV-Vis, UV-Vis-NIR, Fluorescence and Spectropolarimeters) instrumentation
- For the last 60 years, they have grown into a respected global supplier of high-performance analytical instruments, operating in 57 countries throughout the Americas, Asia, Europe, Oceania, and the Middle East
- They continue to strive to develop the best technologies and solutions for the scientific community
This is an immediate requirement so please apply today by sending your up to date word CV to Ben Atherton: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call Ben for more information on: +44 (0)113 243 3499
To be considered for this role you must have full right to work within the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.