Location: North UK – Field based (has to be from Sheffield upwards, across to Liverpool/ Manchester and Newcastle / North Yorkshire, maybe the odd travel into Scotland but this is to be decided based on where the candidate is living)
Our client is a leading analytical instruments supplier of chromatography (HPLC, SFC) and Spectroscopy (FTIR, UV-Vis, UV-Vis-NIR, Fluorescence and Spectropolarimeters) instrumentation.
For the last 60 years, they have grown into a respected global supplier of high-performance analytical instruments, operating in 57 countries throughout the Americas, Asia, Europe, Oceania, and the Middle East.
They continue to strive to develop the best technologies and solutions for the scientific community.
- Install and optimise Spectroscopy hardware/software products and configurations at customer sites.
- Diagnose and resolve product performance problems.
- Perform maintenance and repairs.
- Calibrate customer equipment according to specifications.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by advising customers on preventive maintenance and configurations, which may impact product performance.
- Proactively responds to potential equipment issues to prevent unplanned interruption of customers’ business.
- Provide technical support to customers via phone and email as well as training.
- Maintain records and input data into cloud based data systems
- A Bachelors within the science field e.g., chemistry, analytical chemistry biochemistry, biotechnology or similar (could be Engineering based also – HND/ NHC)
- 2+ years of experience maintaining, calibrating troubleshooting and repairing Molecular Spectroscopy instruments (UV, FTIR, FL, Pol, CD)
- Excellent inter-personal, self-motivational, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate organisational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities
- Ability to interact with customers and co-workers at a professional level and be able to work independently
Salary and Benefits:
- Basic Salary: up to £45,000
- Private Health
- Personal Pension contribution (3 to 6%)
- Company Car Scheme
- Phone + PC and Laptop
- 23 days holiday + Stats
This is an immediate requirement so please apply today by sending your up to date word CV to Ben Atherton: email@example.com or you can call Ben for more information on: +44 (0)113 243 3499
To be considered for this role you must have full right to work within the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.
|Job Category||Scientific Supplies|