Field Service Engineer – LC-MS
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience + £2,000 Bonus + £450 – £550 Car Allowance per month + Mobile Phone + Laptop + 20 Days Holiday + 8 Days Bank holiday + Christmas shutdown + 7% Matched Pension Scheme + Private Healthcare + Expenses Paid Monthly
Location: UK Wide (in order to be considered for this role you must be based anywhere south of Birmingham)
Are you an On-Site Engineer and Maintenance laboratory technician undertaking excellent/trouble shooting of Agilent LC-MS and do you want to move out of the laboratory into a Field Service Engineering role? Then look no further!!
Would you like to work for the largest independent LCMS (Liquid Chromatography, Mass Spectroscopy) and chromatography sales & service organisation in the UK, Europe and Asia?
Want to be part of a team of manufacturer trained engineers covering manufacturer brands such as Agilent, Waters, AB-Sciex, Gilson, Thermo Fisher, Dionex and Varian?
The Requirements of the Field Service Engineer:
- As the Field Service Engineer, you must be working as a Maintenance, Install, Repair, Calibration Field/ Service Engineer, on-site or Laboratory based Engineer specifically covering the Agilent product range – Liquid Chromatography and Mass Spectroscopy – and could be servicing machines by Agilent such as the: Ultivo triple quadrupole LC (liquid chromatography)/MS (mass spectroscopy), 6495B, 6470A, 6420A or 6460C systems
- You will be educated with a BSc in a Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, In-Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or Physics based degree as the Field Service Engineer
- Must hold a Full UK driving licence
The Responsibilities of the Field Service Engineer:
- Within the Field Service Engineer role, you will carry out repair, calibration and service of equipment such as: LC-MS (liquid chromatography, mass spectroscopy) Agilent Quadrupole, Single Quad systems, 6890, 7890, 5975, 5973 and 5977
- Perform preventative maintenance and service to contract schedules, whilst carrying out on site installation and operational qualification to manufacturer’s protocols, provision of effective & efficient service support to customers, in line with the given deadlines as the Field Service Engineer
- To fault find and resolve issues to customer expectations, working autonomously to complete tasks and build/ maintain strong customer relationships with universities (90% of customer base), CRO’s and Pharmaceutical companies
- Refurbish and validate equipment for the refurbished instrument, identify new customers or market segments that could become a future account
The Company and Opportunity:
Our client is a trusted and market leading independent Chromatography, Mass Spectroscopy and Gas Generator sales and service company based in the UK, they have an impressive range of different products by manufacturers such as: Waters, Agilent and Thermo Fisher to name a few
They are an extremely entrepreneurial organisation where everyone’s opinion matters, each individual person is valued and they’re constantly on the lookout for new business ventures and opportunities to grow the organisation through different openings and avenues – flexibility, trust and autonomy are attributes they strive for when bringing on new Engineers which in turn offers an excellent working environment
Over 10 years’ experience successfully servicing and refurbing Gas Chromatography Mass Spectroscopy instruments ensuring performance and quality every time – successfully achieved year on year growth organically through bringing on more talented Engineers each year – the opportunity is now here to bring on further experienced people to progress through the organisation
This is an immediate requirement so please apply today by sending your up to date word CV to Ben Atherton: email@example.com or you can call Ben for more information on: +44 (0)113 243 3499
To be considered for this role you must have full right to work within the UK
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.