Field Service Engineer
Territory: Midlands & Dublin regions (Ireland)
Location: Ideally based in the Midlands or Dublin areas
Our client is a privately owned €50million turnover company that manufactures and services laboratory automation and precision engineering equipment for the pharmaceutical sector
With over 250 employees globally, they have the highest number of sales and service people in the world totally dedicated to the tablet dissolution testing market. Because of the size of this company, they can offer amazing progression routes that come up once in a lifetime – you can create a career path bespoke to yourself.
They immediately seek a Field Service Engineers to add to their highly successful service function in Ireland!
The Requirements of the Field Service Engineer role:
- No prior Field Service Engineer experience is required but what is important is that you already have 2+ years’ experience of troubleshooting laboratory equipment in the following areas: Dissolution Testing, HPLC/Chromatography, GCMS, LCMS, Mass Spectrometry, or similar analytical testing equipment
- You will have experience of GLP practices and ideally GMP gained from working in the Pharmaceutical, Biopharma, CRO or Biotechnology industries
- You will be educated to a minimum BSc in a Chemistry discipline such as Analytical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Organic Chemistry or have a relevant engineering qualification in either Electronics, Mechanics, Electro-Mechanical or Mechatronics
- Must hold a Full Irish driving license & valid Irish Passport
- Prepared to travel throughout the territory and nationally as required – but mainly territory based
- Experience of effective verbal communication skills in a customer facing or customer service environment, with excellent telephone manner
The Responsibilities of the Field Service Engineer:
- As the Field Service Engineer, you will deliver routine planned maintenance and breakdown support at key customer sites in line with my client’s service plans
- To refurbish and validate equipment for the refurbished instrument program in line with SOPs at my clients UK facility
- To identify new customers or new market segments that could become long term accounts
- To build and maintain relationships with existing and potential customers to allow continuation of business and win incremental business
- Perform onsite duties including, service, validation, repair, accurately and in a timely fashion
- Complete and submit all paperwork to the admin team
- Build and maintains relationship with existing and new customers
- Promote the company’s brand and range of services where applicable
- Manage and be accountable for stock allocated to the service call
- Give remote support via phone and email to customers were requested
- Maintain knowledge of the products and services
- Base Salary Circa €35,000 – €45,000 (DOE)
- Tax free daily allowance (€18 when in the field for up to 8 hours)
- Over time can will be paid in following fiscal year (January) or this can be taken of during the year as recover days, so no impact is made on statutory holidays
- Pension (6% employer & minimum 3% employee contribution after 3 months continuous employment)
- 23 days holiday (excluding bank holiday) rising to 25
- 3 x salary – death in service after 3 months continuous employment.
- During the probation period a hire care will provided (the size equal to an average estate car)
This is an immediate requirement so please apply today by sending your up-to-date word CV to Blaise Loftus – Blaise@langtonhowarth.com or you can call for more information on: +44 (0)113 243 3499
To be considered for this role you must have full right to work within Ireland.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.