Territory: Northeast Germany (Berlin, Leipzig, Hamburg areas)
Your location: Living on territory and ideally in Berlin or within an hour
My client is a Global market leader in the fields of manual & automated liquid handling technology, automated solid phase extraction and HPLC systems.
Despite their size they have successfully retained a family orientated culture and their success is underpinned by their strong focus on customer service, product innovation and employee development!
The role of Field Service Engineer:
- Installation, maintenance, repair and IQ / OQ of my client’s laboratory automation devices (HPLC, liquid handling, CPC, MS)
- Instruction and training of customers in our software and hardware
- Technical support for our customers in the field of preparative LC-MS, CPC, automation, laboratory devices, robotics
- Support of our sales department with device demonstrations
- Close cooperation with the service team, support, and our field sales force
- Independent planning of visits to East Germany and the corresponding ordering of spare parts
- Follow procedures regarding device maintenance and field calibration
- Occasionally assists Sales Reps with device demonstrations at customer locations.
- Responds promptly and professionally to all customer requests
- Determine the customer’s service requirements and coordinates appropriate actions
- Appropriate responsibility for diagnosing problems and determining the necessary repairs
- User service management software to record details of all service work performed
- Management and responsibility of our own spare parts warehouse
- Ensures compliance with established calibration and repair standards
- Completes the necessary documentation and, if necessary, requests information and documentation from customers
The requirements of the Field Service Engineer:
- You will already have 1 – 3 years experience in either a Field Service Engineer, Service Technician, Site Engineer, Calibration/Maintenance Engineer role in either the Life Sciences, Analytical Chemistry, Biotechnology or Clinical Diagnostics sectors
- You will have hands on maintenance and troubleshooting experience of equipment in areas such as HPLC, GCMS, LCMS, mass spectrometry, liquid handling automation, laboratory robotics or clinical diagnostics equipment
- Candidates who are not currently Service Engineers but have extensive maintenance & troubleshooting experience of the above types of laboratory equipment will also be considered
- You will hold a formal qualification in an engineering related field (electrical/mechanical mechatronics, electro-mechanical or similar)
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Ability to manage a busy schedule with relative independence
- Friendly and competent appearance
- Very good German and good knowledge of spoken and written English
- Clean driver’s license (ClassB)
- Overnight trips are required, up to 50% on average annually
- Flexibility to acquire new skills and adapt to changes in the work environment
Salary and Benefits:
- Base Salary Circa €55,000 – €63,000 (DOE)
- Performance related bonus
- Fully Expensed Company Car
- Lunch & Overnight Allowances
- Competitive Holidays & National Days
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to email@example.com or call Oliver Gill today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in Germany to be considered for this role.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who would be good for the role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.
|Job Category||Service Engineering|