Territory: Field Based and predominantly covering Scotland & Northern England to M62 Corridor. Occasional foreign travel required.
Your location: Central belt Scotland/M8 Corridor (Kilmarnock, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Livingston, Stirling, East Kilbride areas), Carlisle will also be considered
My client is a trusted and market leading supplier and servicer of equipment and consumables in the fields of Mass Spectrometry, LCMS, GCMS, HPLC/GC systems as well as nitrogen and hydrogen generators. As a member of their high performing and loyal Field Service team you will be the face of the company in front of the client base. They are the largest independent company of their type in Europe, and they are an extremely entrepreneurial organisation where everyone’s opinion matters, everyone is valued and has the chance to make an impact!
The requirements of the Field Service Engineer:
- You will already have 2+ years experience as a Field Service Engineer or Technical Support Engineer with direct experience of servicing instruments in one or more of the following areas: Mass Spectrometry, HPLC/UPLC, GC, Liquid Handling Systems
- Super users of the above instruments from vendors such as Waters, Agilent, Perkin Elmer who are Scientists or Chemists will also be considered if you have extensive troubleshooting and maintenance experience
- Relevant science or engineering qualification or suitable accumulated field experience
- O-Level Pass/GCSE Grade C/4 English or IELTS grade 6.5 minimum
- Knowledge of at least one chromatography data system required
- Basic knowledge of gas generation systems desirable
- Knowledge of PC/Workstation hardware and operating systems desirable
- Knowledge of analytical methods and method development desirable
- Ability to fault find to sub-system level desirable
- Full and ideally clean UK driving licence
- Valid passport with a minimum of 1-year remaining validity
- Have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom
The responsibilities of the Field Service Engineer:
- Provide on-site support to the company’s clients in the following areas: breakdown, preventive maintenance, operational qualification & training
- In-house workshop repairs and refurbish instruments for sale in accordance with quality requirements
- Delivery of remote technical support via telephone, e-mail, or remote access software.
- Delivery of remote and in-person training courses within area of expertise
- Correct completion and timely submission of all service documentation
- Ensure all company property entrusted is properly looked after and within required calibration
- Correct completion and timely submission of monthly expenses in accordance with the company expenses policy
- Compliance with all company processes and procedures
- Compliance will all UK health & safety regulations
- Manage own workload effectively, organise and prioritise and any project involvement to deadlines
- Continually review working practices and proactively make recommendations to the manager to improve and increase efficiency of current operations
- Build and maintain harmonious working relationships with colleagues and customers to achieve and exceed customer expectations
- Keep abreast of new instrumentation and analytical techniques in the wider analytical industry
- Base Salary Circa £25,000 – £35,000 (DOE)
- Company Car (Fully Expensed)
- 4 x Death in Service
- Pension (6% employer & 3% employee contribution)
- Laptop & Mobile
- 20 Days Holidays + 8 Bank Holidays
Apply right now by calling Oliver Gill – Global Recruitment Manager at Langton Howarth Ltd on + 44 (0) 113 243 3499 and email your up-to-date word CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Langton Howarth is the market leading scientific supplies company placing people into dream jobs across the UK and Europe daily.
To be considered for this role you must have the right to work in the UK
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice!
|Job Category||Service Engineering|