Territory: South UK with a key focus on the London & Home Counties
Ideal home location: London/M25 Circle or home counties
My client has established themselves as the UK’s largest independent supplier of laboratory equipment, chemicals, and consumables. Because of their robust structure they have a unique approach to sourcing and supplying the highest quality, best value products and brands.
They supply to a wide range of sectors, provides a diverse and interesting customer base as well as providing countless opportunity to grow and expand. It is an exciting time to join my client who are recruiting for this role due to their ongoing growth and expansion!
The requirements for the Field Service Engineer:
- To be considered for this Field Service Engineer role you will already have 2+ years of experience as a Field Based or Inhouse/Site Based Service Engineer for a Laboratory Supplies, Biotech, Pharmaceutical or CRO organisation
- You will have specific experience of servicing, repairing, and commissioning laboratory equipment such as Centrifuges, CO2 Incubators, Cryogenics Freezers/Storage, Liquid Nitrogen, Balances, Autoclaves, Microscopes, Vacuum pumps, or similar laboratory products
- Hold a relevant Engineering qualification (ONC, HNC, NVQ, City & Guilds)
- Very strong analytical skills with proven ability to break down and solve complex problems in a logical and structured approach
- PC literate in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Strong relationship management and excellent communication skills/influencing skills
- Experience coordinating and scheduling workload to achieve results.
- Ability to work to own initiative but team orientated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Robust and assertive attitude towards achieving results and motivating team members
- Being an experienced Mechanical or Electrical Engineer, you will be looking to specialise your skills into a more technical area
The role of Field Service Engineer:
- Based remotely from your home location you will attend your customer appointments across the territory always ensuring that you deliver excellent customer service
- You will be tasked with the installation, repair, and maintenance of technical equipment to schools, universities, hospitals, laboratories, and other technical environments.
- You will work closely with your fellow Field Engineers, supporting them with projects and maintaining great communication with your office-based Service Coordinator
- Whilst most of your work will be completed in the South of the UK, there may be the rare occasion where you will be required to travel to other part of the UK and possibly even stay overnight.
- As part of any Field Service Engineer role, you will ensure that your complete job sheets, parts order requisitions and expense forms in a timely manner
- Base Salary Circa: £30,000 -£40,000 DOE
- Fully expensed company car
- 24 Days Holiday entitlement plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Nest Pension
- Laptop & Phone
For more information about the role or to apply please send your CV now to email@example.com and call Oliver Gill today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499 to discuss this role in confidence.
You must have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who would be good for the role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.
|Job Category||Service Engineering|