Territory: UK & Ireland
Your location: Ideally based in either the Midlands, East Anglia, Home Counties or Luton for example
My client is a long-standing supplier of innovative GC, LC & MS instrumentation which is utilised in several different industries to include Pharmaceutical, Forensics, Water & Environmental Analysis to name just a few. They are part of a larger group of scientific supplies companies yet due to their size retain a family feel and are an agile and innovative company. This structure means each of their employees feel valued & empowered to make a positive contribution to advance scientific research & discovery. As part of a larger group of scientific companies you will have excellent opportunities to advance and develop into a senior role and even management.
Day-to-Day duties of the role:
- The focus of this role is to install instruments, train users and give effective after-sales technical support by telephone, email, and site visits across the UK & Ireland
- This includes repair, upgrades, planned maintenance and application support
- Provide excellent technical support to our customers and to ensure that they remain customers for the long term
- The job involves travel within the UK every week, with some overnight stays plus occasional overseas travel
- Keep up to date with the company’s products & services and maintain an understanding of what the customer requires and relate this back to the appropriate person within the company to meet the customer’s needs
- Build and maintain harmonious working relationships with colleagues
- Pass any new potential sales leads back to the internal and field-based sales team
The Requirements of the Field Service Engineer:
- The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years hands on experience troubleshooting and routine maintenance of Agilent GC-MS systems as a Chemist, Anayst, Research Scientist, Calibration Technician in either Academia or the Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Biopharma, Food Industry or related sector
- You also need to have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of analytical method development
- If you don’t have Agilent GCMS experience you could also have the above experience with Waters, Perkin Elmer, Shimadzu or Thermo Fisher GCMS equipment
- Experience working with LC-MS and GC-MSMS would be an advantage but not required
- Experience of working with SIFT-MS is desirable but not essential
- Willingness to travel on a National basis when required
- A full, preferably clean, UK driving licence is required
- Base Salary Circa: £35,000 – £50,000 (DOE)
- 8% bonus for OTE
- Company Car
- Westfield Healthcare Cash Plan
- 4 x Death in Service Life Insurance
- Pension (4% Matched Contribution)
- 23 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Laptop + Mobile Phone + iPad
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ben Atherton today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who would be good for the role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.
|Job Category||Scientific Supplies|