Territory: M62 Corridor (Hull, Leeds, York, Manchester, Liverpool), Northeast & Scotland
My client is amongst the industry leaders in the supply and service of chromatography equipment and consumables used extensively in the Pharmaceutical, Environmental, Biotechnology & Academia industries. They offer clients an unrivalled service choice on GC, LC, GC-MS, HPLC, CTC, Tablet Dissolution and online SPE products.
The successful candidate will work within a team that supports their contracts across the UK and the company offer an exciting opportunity to enter this specialised field and join their market leading team of service engineers. They are an extremely entrepreneurial organisation where everyone’s opinion matters, everyone’s impact is valued, and you have immediate access/ support from Director Level.
The requirements of the Field Service Engineer:
- Previous experience (2+ years) as either a Field Service Engineer or site-based Engineer with experience of installing, validating, maintaining, and repairing a range of analytical chemistry equipment such as HPLC, UPLC, GC, GCMS, LCMS, LC, Mass Spectroscopy, SPE ICP, XRF, Dissolution/Tablet Testing equipment or similar
- You will hold either an Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or Electro-Mechanical) qualification or a Chemistry/Life Sciences degree (you could also be qualified by experience)
- Experience of working in GLP & GMP environments would be an advantage
- Must hold a Full UK driving licence and valid Passport
- Experience of effective verbal communication skills in a customer facing or customer service environment, with excellent telephone manner
The role of Field Service Engineer:
- Carry out repair, calibration, and service of laboratory equipment such as: HPLC, GC, LC, GC-MS, CTC, Dissolution and online SPE products
- Perform preventative maintenance and service to contract schedules, whilst carrying out on site installation and operational qualification to manufacturer’s protocols, provision of effective & efficient service support to customers to given deadlines within the Field Service Engineer role
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the Company’s products and services and current research to keep customers and potential customers informed and maintain the company’s profile
- Maintain data and provide accurate reports to deadlines
- Always maintain adequate amounts of stock and equipment to minimise customer downtime and ensure compliance with contractual objectives
- Develop and maintain effective customer facing communication and questioning skills to determine the issues to be resolved
- Intermediate level IT skills in MS Office and report writing in Word & Excel
- Ensure customer field service reports are completed and any surplus parts are returned to the office within a 48-hour time frame
- Base Salary Circa: £30,000 – £35,000 (Depending on Experience)
- Annual Bonus
- Fully Expensed Company Car (Estate)
- Life Assurance (4x of base salary)
- Company Credit Card
- 23 Days Holidays + 8 Bank Holidays
- Laptop & Phone
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to email@example.com or call Oliver today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499
You must have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone would be good for this role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100.00 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.
|Job Category||Service Engineering|