Territory: Northeast (Leeds, Hull, York, Middlesbrough, Newcastle) & Manchester
Your Location: Remote based and ideally living in the Northeast
My client is a global leader in the development and manufacture of high-quality pharmaceutical testing equipment and associated services. Their equipment is used worldwide in the development and production processes of major customers the life sciences, pharmaceutical and chemical industries. There longstanding market and process know-how enables them to meet and exceed their customers bespoke requirements
The requirements of the Field Service Engineer role:
- You will have 1+ years experience in a laboratory based role such as a Scientist, Chemist, Analyst, Equipment Technician, Lab Manager or similar where you have troubleshooted and maintained HPLC systems from OEM’s such as Waters, Agilent, Perkin Elmer, Thermo Fisher, Shimadzu, SCIEX or equivalent
- Additional experience with equipment such as GC, GC-MS, LCMS, Spectroscopy, UV-VIS, FTIR would be beneficial
- Experience working in a GMP environment is ideal
- You will be educated in either a life science/chemistry or engineering subject
- Must hold a Full UK driving license & valid UK Passport
- Experience of effective verbal communication skills in a customer facing or customer service environment, with excellent telephone manner
The Responsibilities of the Field Service Engineer:
- Travel to customer sites to deliver routine planned maintenance and breakdown support in line with my client’s service plans
- Refurbish and validate equipment for the refurbished instrument program in line with SOPs at my clients UK facility
- Identify new customers or new market segments that could become long term accounts
- Build and maintain relationships with existing and potential customers to allow continuation of business and win incremental business
- Perform onsite duties including, service, validation, repair, accurately and in a timely fashion
- Complete and submit all paperwork to the admin team
- Forge and maintains relationship with existing and new customers
- Promote the company’s brand and range of services where applicable
- Manage and be accountable for stock allocated to the service call
- Provide remote support via phone and email to customers where requested
- Maintain knowledge of the products and services
- Base Salary Circa £35,000 – £40,000 (DOE)
- Fully expensed company car (hire car provided during probation)
- Tax free daily allowance
- £10 when in the field for up to 8 hours
- Over time can will be paid in following fiscal year (January) or this can be taken of during the year as recover days, so no impact is made on statutory holidays
- Pension – 6% employer contribution with a minimum 3% employee contribution after 3 months continuous employment.
- 23 days holiday rising to 25 with continual service + 8 bank holidays
- 3 x salary – death in service after 3 months continuous employment.
This is an immediate requirement so please apply today by sending your up-to-date word CV to Oliver Gill: email@example.com and calling Oliver directly to for a confidential discussion on: +44 (0)113 243 3499.
To be considered for this role you must have full right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.
|Job Category||Service Engineering|