Field Applications Specialist
Salary: Negotiable DOE + 10% Bonus + 8% Pension (Up to 6% by the employee & up to 9% by employer) + Healthcare (including Dental & Eye Care) + Car Lease Scheme + 25 Days holiday + 8 days statutory + 1 Day for your Birthday + Childcare Vouchers + Mobile + Laptop + Broadband Package
Home Based: Wallonia Region
The Requirements of the Field Application Specialist
- As the Field Automation Specialist, you will have at least 2 years proven field-based applications experience within the Life Sciences sector ideally working with products such as: Laboratory Automation / Robotics / Next Generation Sequencing/ Liquid Handling System & Platforms
- You could also have prior experience working with NGS / Liquid Handling Robotics in a Laboratory environment as a scientist/researcher etc.
- Ideally you will have a firm understanding of VB Scripting (Virtual Basic) and be able to conduct drag + drop script-writing for liquid handling automation
- As the Field Application Specialist, you will hold a minimum of a BSc in a Life Science discipline such as Genetics, Genomics, Molecular Biology, Biological Sciences, Biomedical Sciences or similar
- You must be prepared to travel throughout Belgium and the wider Benelux region as well as overseas when required for training/team meetings
- Must be self-motivated and enthusiastic, have excellent interpersonal & problem-solving skills, and enjoy working independently as well as part of a long standing & successful European automation team
- You must hold a full driving licence & valid passport
The Responsibilities of the Field Application Specialist:
- Responding to customer’s requests and complaints in a prompt and professional manner
- Solving customer hard- and software problems at the customer sites
- Providing on-site service and support
- Installation of hardware, software along with delivery of application scripts through to finalisation
- Escalating issues within the organization when needed
- Maintaining knowledge of instruments and products by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks
- Delivery of customer training
- Provide support throughout Europe when required
- Support the automation sales specialist with their sales efforts, product demonstrations and trade shows
- My client is a market leading organisation within the fast-growing laboratory automation & robotics industry
- They are specialised in the development, production and distribution of Liquid Handling automation solutions for laboratories in the market segments of life sciences, drug discovery, clinical diagnostics and forensics to name just a few
- Their products are very highly rated and the company is highly acquisitive leading to constant new ventures becoming available across the organisation
- With a great track record in the industry they empower and develop their employees, so they can provide the highest level of customer service & satisfaction every time
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to OwenFothergill@langtonhowarth.com or call Owen today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
To apply for this role you must have the right to work in the EU.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for the role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.