Field Application Scientist
Salary: Negotiable DOE + 10% Bonus (Paid Annually) + Company Car or Car Allowance of £650 per month + 10% Pension (Non-Contributory) + Business Tools As Required + PHI/ Healthcare Benefits through ACTA + 4x Salary Life Assurance + 24 Days Holiday Plus Stats and an extra day off for your Birthday
Home Based: UK
Territory: UK Wide mostly with the potential to travel into Europe
- Right now you could be working as a Post-Doc Researcher, Scientist, Laboratory Demonstrator or working in Academia with 3 + years laboratory based/ bench experience working with laboratory techniques related to Capillary Electrophoresis (CE) or you could be working with Liquid Handling Instruments by manufacturers such as Qiagen, Roche or Thermo Fisher to name a few
- It would be beneficial if you are currently working as a Field Applications Specialist / Scientist – training, doing demos and supporting customers with proven knowledge and understanding of core applications in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Protein Biochemistry or related in a Life Science area or clinical setting. Major focus in Genomics, STRs and Sequencing workflows and it would be beneficial if you have the ability to deliver technical presentations, seminars and support materials for demonstrations and general product support
- You will hold a Scientific, Biological based Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Protein Biochemistry or related Life Science degree
- Must possess a full valid UK driving licence
- Provide onsite support and train customers in collaboration with European Sales staff and Field Support Engineers
- The primary duty is to conduct laboratory instrumentation and applications trainings in the customers laboratory while being recognised as the technical product expert for the instruments and related applications – provide technical advice, troubleshoot and provide product recommendations and solutions
- Work cooperatively with Sales, Field Support Engineers, Scientific Applications, Technical Services and Scientific Business Units to coordinate and schedule onsite demonstrations, customer trainings, and actively provide feedback regarding customer requirements, demo success, and general product/instrument improvements
- Work cooperatively with the Instrument Service team to communicate and record completed application training on the instrumentation
- Attend industry meetings and seminars, and support Marketing and Sales by presenting technical application seminars, assisting with tradeshow activities
- Participate in corporate cross-functional teams by providing customer feedback and reporting product related information to help with new product development and marketing campaign activities
The Company and Opportunity:
- My client is a leading provider of innovative solutions and technical support to the Life Sciences industry
- Manufacturing an impressive range of products, they enable scientists worldwide to advance their knowledge in Life Science Research, particularly in Genomics, Proteomics and Cellular Analysis
- Their products are also used to support Molecular Diagnostics and Human Identification
- A multinational organisation, my client has significantly grown year on year, whilst still maintaining a friendly, supportive and team orientated environment
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to Ben@langtonhowarth.com or call Ben Atherton today on 0113 243 3499.
To apply for this role, you must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for the role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.
|Job Category||Scientific Supplies|