Territory: UK & Ireland
Home Location: Based near an international airport
Our client is at the forefront of personalized immunotherapies which is the future of the fight against cancer, having grown their capital equipment portfolio alone by over 180%!
Their game changing Proteomics technology, combined with their next generation software and data visualizations, are powered by their leading R&D team, and used throughout the world.
Due to continued growth, they are now expanding their European Field Application Scientist team and looking for their next superstar FAS based in France.
Day-to-Day of the role:
- Pre- and post-sales customer and distributor support
- Support sales team in delivering scientific pre-sales messaging
- Education and training to optimize use of my client’s products, including troubleshooting protocols/product use optimum performance
- Keep abreast of scientific trends and customer needs to assist Isoplexis marketing with the development of marketing materials and future directions
- Communicating all relevant customer information including product and/or customer problems or opportunities to Field Sales, Marketing, Customer Response Team and Technical Support
- Proactively pursue project tasks and ways to enhance the team and the business beyond day-to-day responsibilities
- Desire to strive in a high-speed start-up environment
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- To be considered for this role you will have 2+ years’ experience in a field-based Applications Specialist/Scientist role in one or more of the following fields: Proteomics, Immunotherapy, Single Cell Genomics, Immuno-Oncology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biomarker Discovery, Cell Culture, Flow Cytometry, Cell & Gene Therapy, Cellular and Regenerative Medicine or similar area.
- Scientists with 5+ years’ experience in one or more of the above areas and a customer focused attitude will also be considered.
- You will hold a minimum of a BSc degree in a scientific/ biological subject (e.g., Immunology, Biology, Biochemistry)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meeting short-notice deadlines, with daily reprioritization of work.
- Good working knowledge of CRM systems and proficient in PC software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), able to run basic technical software presentations.
- Full driving licence and valid passport and ability to travel and stay away from home when required.
- Salary Circa: £40,000 – £50,000 (DOE) inclusive of car allowance
- Health Cover
- Laptop + Mobile Phone
- Holidays + Statutory Public Holidays
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Oliver Gill today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
|Job Category||Service Engineering|