Customer Support Engineer – Automation
Salary: £20,000 – £35,000 + 25 Days Holidays (Not Including Bank Holidays) + 3% matched Pension + Private Healthcare (with option to add family) + A company hire car or option to use your own with petrol paid for at 45p per mile + Free Parking on site + Quality Mobile Phone and Laptop provided + Working with new state of the art technology + Training and mentoring on the role from a very experienced and helpful Manager
- Would you like to work for a fast growing world market leading laboratory automation company who have achieved over 50% year on year growth and who are a multimillion dollar company that is one of the most talked about in the laboratory automation industry?
- Would you like to develop and progress within a company and talented team that truly offer fantastic career developments and an inspirational manager to mentor and train you on all the company’s automated machines and software?
- Would you like to be part of this dynamic and entrepreneurial life sciences automation business that loves what they do and has a real sense of passion and commitment to the success of the company?
The Requirements for the Customer Support Engineer:
- Previous Helpdesk/ Customer Service, within a Life science, Pharmaceutical, Chemicals, Automotive, Manufacturing, Packaging or even the Automated machines within the Food and beverage market, Industrial Automation is advantageous, but not essential
- Physical hands on experience with Object-oriented programming languages: C# or C++ ideally
- Computer communications (TCP/IP, RS232) is an advantage
- Innovative/creative problem solver who has a passion for appeasing customers’ needs through careful and delicate handling
- If you have an excellent attitude towards customer concerns and are passionate about life sciences, there is huge potential for growth as the company offer a truly unique system and solution and are looking for the best customer service engineers who can manage customers’ concerns and communicate with teams across borders effectively
The Role of Customer Support Engineer:
- Troubleshoot, resolve and enhance software for integrating laboratory automation devices with robotic systems, via telephone, remote desktop (GoToAssist/GoToMeeting) or onsite customer visits, using Object-oriented programming languages such as C# and C++, Java
- Troubleshooting and updating the company’s robotic system databases and laboratory automation software
- Teaching/Setup of Robotic Platforms and system configuration for onsite customer systems
- Physical hands work with Object-oriented programming language C#
- Troubleshoot field system assembly (pneumatics, communications, etc.) with assistance/co-ordination with EU field service engineers and head office manufacturing team (Travel estimated around 25% plus allowance for busier periods)
- Troubleshooting the companies device integration and operation in conjunction with the companies device field service engineers and head office R&D/device manufacture team
- Preventative maintenance visits for the companies range of robotic/ automated systems across the EU, in conjunction with field service engineers
- Escalation and co-ordination of more complex issues/tickets with EU and US software/commissioner team, while maintaining a quality driven approach and quick turn-around for customers
- Maintain a high standard of communication both internally and externally with a first time fix customer driven attitude
- Provide internal feedback to the companies teams to enable a continual improvement process for the software, systems and devices
- Going above and beyond for the company and successes within the company never goes unnoticed and the performance/ salary reviews are also scheduled in for you at the end of each financial year as well so you can expect an increased salary of 6-8% within your first year
- With the success and growth of the company is set to continue, the company have lots of opportunities for internal staff to progress along their careers, whether that be a Field Service Engineer position for Europe or a Managerial role based within the office in the UK and over in the USA. There are endless opportunities within the company to get the vision of what you want out of your career
- My client are a global market leading laboratory automation and robotics business their continued growth in revenue and headcount is down to their success within the life sciences automation and robotics industry and this all down to repeat business, word of mouth and just great customer service
- They are very well known for their success in providing flexible and modular automated solutions for laboratories worldwide and a brand new opportunity has become immediately available for an Automation, Robotics/ Liquid Handling Customer Support Helpdesk Engineer to support and troubleshoot their customer’s problems across the UK, Europe and the USA to play an integral part in their growth plans
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to OwenFothergill@langtonhowarth.com or call Owen today on 0113 243 3499.
To apply you must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for the role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.