Control & Instrumentation Engineer
Base Salary Circa: £40,000 – £50,000 DOE + Life Insurance + Pension + 25 Days Holidays + Stats
Location: Cambridge (Site Based)
The Requirements of the Control & Instrumentation Engineer:
- You will hold an HND/HNC/BEng/Meng within a relevant engineering discipline such as Mechatronics, Mechanical
- 5 Year’s experience within the Pharmaceutical or Oil & Gas Industry as a Control & Instrumentation Engineer role or similar
- Have a detailed working knowledge of mainstream PLC and building controllers (Siemens S7, Allen Bradley, Tridium-Jace, Carel, Schneider Modicon) SCADA, HMI equipment.
- Have a detailed working knowledge of calibration principles in a regulated GxP environment
- Have an excellent knowledge of computerised systems lifecycle management in line with current GAMP standards. Includes the creation and execution of URS, FS, SDS, HDS, FAT and SAT documents
- Experience working with external suppliers e.g. service level agreements, supplier certification, contract management, service negotiation
- Troubleshooting and resolution of control system issues
- Understanding of BS EN 61511 Functional Safety lifecycle. Have participated in HAZOP, LOPA and SIL assessments is desirable
The role of Control & Instrumentation Engineer:
- Responsible for developing, installing, managing and maintaining equipment which is used to monitor and control engineering systems, plant equipment and processes
- To maintain and improve site monitoring & control system performance for safety, operation and compliance
- Assist the development and delivery of the campus control system management strategy in line with business objectives and technology lifecycle. Including the management of system changes, and system access levels
- Develop, maintain and perform backup/restore procedures for campus critical systems
- Lead/assist in root cause analysis activities relating to control systems
- Programming and fault finding on various control systems – providing first, second and third line support
- Lead/Assist in developing the campus instrumentation calibration strategies and documentation standards
- Lead and execute equipment validation activities, including creation and delivery of computerised system validation documentation.
- Support the testing of the site functional safety systems.
- Propose and deliver service level agreements in line with customer and operational demands
- Demonstrate continuous improvements to control systems resulting in robust/improved system performance
- Effective control of local control system spend (revenue & capital) in line with business requirements and budgets.
- Future projections for control system related capital sanctions to be delivered on time.
- Develop a strategy for C&I obsolescence management (hardware and software), directly influencing capital planning
- Project management of small projects including technical and business change management and budgetary control.
- Our client are a Forbes listed service provider to some of the largest businesses across all sectors globally including Life Sciences, Industrial, Logistics, Real Estate and Pharmaceuticals
- This role is directly supporting a top 5 pharmaceutical organisation in a well-established, technologically advanced facility working with cutting edge laboratory automation systems
- Excellent opportunities to progress internally within the business, and work within a world class team – you are truly making a difference and massive impact not only to the business but the world by working with these life changing products
- The role is on site so there are no shifts, no travelling involved, Monday to Friday and you will be home every night!
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to email@example.com or call Ben Atherton today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499
You must have the right to work in the UK in order to be considered for this role
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone would be good for the Automation Engineer role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.