Chemical & Chromatography Sales Specialist – West Region
Salary: £30,000 – £40,000 + 25% OTE + Fully Expensed Company Car OR Car Allowance + Up To 8% Total Pension + Private Healthcare (Discounted for Family) + Laptop + Mobile + iPad + 25 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + 4x Basic Salary in Life Insurance
Ideal home location: Birmingham or Manchester Areas
(Flexibility can be give for the candidates with previous experience in scientific sales)
Territory: West Region (Defined as North West & West Midlands areas)
The Requirements of the Chemical & Chromatography Sales Specialist:
- Educated to BSc level (or equivalent qualification) in a Chemistry based degree or have equivalent relevant laboratory experience. For example, this could be in an area of: Chemical Engineering, Analytical Chemistry, Forensic Science, Pharmaceutical Science etc
- A minimum of 1-2 year’s experience ideally selling Chromatography/Analytical Equipment (Mass Spectrometry, HPLC, GC-MS etc) or related scientific products (general bench top equipment) to the life sciences or biotechnology sector
- Experience and/or a good understanding of a production environment and how a chemical portfolio and custom manufactured offering would provide an all-encompassing offering into a production environment.
- You will have a strong knowledge base in chemistry and/or chromatography
- Commercial understanding of market, competition, pricing and discount structures would be beneficial
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to produce accurate and punctual reports
- Experience of utilising and maintaining a CRM system or equivalent
- Experience of utilising and designing presentation slide decks within PowerPoint or equivalent
- Good IT skills (MS Office, CRM)
- Full UK driving licence
The Responsibilities of the Chemical & Chromatography Sales Specialist:
- To achieve and exceed all sales and margin related targets for the territory
- Promote the Chemical & Chromatography products, services and solution portfolio across all market segments by using my client’s relationship strategy
- Provide technical support to Account Managers, Telebusiness Account Managers, regional distributors, segment leaders and sales leaders
- To gain and maintain a high level of technical product knowledge and to develop and enhance technical knowledge
- Learn to confidently perform product training and demonstrations to the customer base in addition to designing and delivering internal product training programs for Account Managers, which will enable them to sell and promote the basic Chemical and Chromatography offerings within their territories
- Establish relationships with suppliers and contractors to ensure support for business growth via joint marketing activity and price support
- Communicate in an accurate and timely manner with a variety of stakeholders to facilitate the delivery of key tasks
- Organise customer visits, attend independently or with regional Account Manager
- Organise and participate in local customer seminars, exhibitions etc
- Participate in local and European sales training/meetings
- My client is a market leading global laboratory supplies & high-quality safety equipment company with worldwide sales of over $3.5 billion US dollars, over 8,500 employees in over 25 different countries
- Offering a diversified product mix, including chemicals, glassware, plastic ware, equipment, instruments and other life science and laboratory products/ supplies, head to toe safety and protective wear, protective clothing and a large range of Safety signs, first aid kits and waste management equipment
- This is a company who truly rewards hard working & loyal individuals with progression opportunities in Product Management, Sales Management, Export Sales and much more for the right candidate!
Apply right now by calling Oliver Gill – Specialist Recruitment Consultant at Langton Howarth Ltd on 0113 243 3499 or email your up to date word CV to email@example.com Langton Howarth is the market leading scientific supplies company placing people into dream jobs across the UK and Europe daily.
You must have full right to work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street