Chemical & Chromatography Sales Specialist – East UK
Salary Circa: £30,000 – £40,000 DOE + 25% OTE + Fully Expensed Company Car + Up To 8% Matched Pension + Full Private Healthcare (Discounted for Family) + Laptop + Mobile + 25 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + Buy or Sell an Extra 5 holidays + 4x Basic Salary in Life Insurance
Territory Postcodes: AL, CB, CM, CO, CV, HP, IP, LU, MK, NN, NR, OX, PE, SG
The requirements of the Chemical & Chromatography Sales Specialist:
- To be successful in the role of Chemical & Chromatography Sales Specialist you must be educated to BSc degree level (or equivalent) in a chemistry-based subject such as: Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Science, Analytical Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry
- Proven track record of field sales experience working successfully within the analytical chemistry/chemical industry selling equipment and/or consumable based products
- A strong knowledge base in chemistry and/or chromatography and the different applications of related products
- Experience and/or a good understanding of a production environment and how a chemical portfolio and custom manufactured offering would provide an all-encompassing offering into a production environment
- Experience of utilising and manipulating data in Excel
- Experience of utilising and maintaining a CRM system or equivalent
- You must have a full UK driving license and be able to travel extensively within Scotland to effectively manage your sales territory
- To be a highly self-motivated individual with a high level of attention to detail, technical awareness and outstanding interpersonal skills
The role of the Chemical & Chromatography Sales Specialist:
- You will be responsible for successfully promoting my clients Chemistry and Chromatography portfolio to customers within Pharmaceutical, Biopharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Industrial, Higher Education, Government and Healthcare account
- Maintain and develop business relationships and interacting with customers, including decision makers from technical end users, stores managers, production and QC functions and procurement professionals
- To gain and maintain a high level of technical product knowledge and to develop and enhance technical knowledge as the Chemical and Chromatography Specialist
- Provide feedback using verbal and written reporting tools to the business on customers, competitor activity, promotions etc., to agreed timescales and in agreed format as directed by the Regional Sales Manager
- Advise and support in the preparation of quotations and tenders for the Chemical and Chromatography portfolio
- Effectively interrogate and interpret historical and current sales data to assess performance of the territory and use the data to effectively drive sales and margin growth
- To be able to demonstrate and action customer training and demonstration of a range of Chemistry & Chromatography related products to both the customer base and internally
My client is an industry leader supplier of premium life sciences & research-based equipment, consumables & safety/PPE products with worldwide sales of over $3.5 billion US dollars, over 8,500 employees in over 25 different countries. Offering a diversified product mix, including chemicals, glassware, plastic ware, equipment, instruments and other life science and laboratory products/ supplies, head to toe safety and protective wear, protective clothing and a large range of Safety signs, first aid kits and waste management equipment.
Apply today by sending your word CV to Oliver Gill of Langton Howarth Ltd via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Oliver in confidence right now for more information on 0113 243 3499.
To be considered for this role you must have full right to work in the UK
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.