Cell and Gene Therapy Commercial Development Manager – Benelux
Salary: Basic is flexible depending on experience + Bonus + Pension + Healthcare + Company Car or Allowance + Dental + Excellent Other Benefits and Career Progression
Based: Home based – you could be based anywhere across the Benelux
The Requirements of Commercial Development Manager:
- In order to be successful, you will have had previous experience as a Product Manager, Sales Specialist, Business Development Manager, Sales Manager, Technical Sales/ Support or in a closely related role within the Gene and Cell Therapy market, and have a good understanding of GMP process development and reside within easy travel of the cell therapy hotspots of Europe (Belgium or the Netherlands, you could also be based in the UK)
- Must hold a minimum of BSc in a Life Science subject such as: Biotechnology, Immunology, Bioengineering, Cellular Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biomedical Science, Neuroscience, Biology or any other similar subject (you could hold a BSc with the equivalent experience)
- Knowledge of GMP and Cell and Gene therapy ATMPs in particular. Some experience of process development for ATMPs, either from selling into this environment or first-hand experience of doing it is highly desirable
- Good knowledge of the Cell and Gene Therapy market and key players
- Previous experience selling Cell handling/culture high value instrumentation or reagents into pharma, biotech or academic customers is desirable
The Responsibilities of the Commercial Development Manager:
- Build and develop ongoing long-term relationships with KOL’s in the field, across biotech, pharma and academia, this role will be working with key clients in the cell and gene therapy sector
- Working closely with the sales team to identify potential opportunities and drive growth
- Selling the company’s products into key Cell and Gene Therapy accounts within Europe
- Plan regular travel to meet with customers across the region, effectively following up new business leads, provide ongoing Cell and Gene Therapy process technical support to customers, working closely with local sales teams to build relationships within the key cell and gene therapy centres
- Build relationships with internal Product Managers, Sales Quality, Marketing, stake holders, research and development as well as Gene and Cell Therapy stake holders
- Attending industry conferences, building on your market knowledge, also you will feed back all information to research and development/ Product Managers
The Company and Opportunity:
- As the Commercial Development Manager, you will join a world market leading company within the Life Science market with offices globally. They sell a range of biotechnology products including Laboratory Equipment, Assays, Proteins, Antibodies, ELISA’s, Reagents, Western Blotting, Flow Cytometry and Stem Cell/ Cell Culture
- Their main customers are research institutes, hospitals, universities, Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical companies
- This is a company that is gobbling up competitors and their European HQ is based in the UK where they have fitted state of the art laboratory and demo facilities on site, and they have now extended their operation to include service and maintenance provision of installed instruments
- So, if you want to work for a company that is truly going places and is well on the way to achieving its growth ambition to 1 billion dollars in the next 5 years, then this is the organisation for you!
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to email@example.com or call Ben Atherton today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
In order to be considered for this role you must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice.