Category / Brand Insight Analyst
Salary: £25,000 – £28,000 + Up to 7% bonus + Free Parking On-site + Discount On Products + 20 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + Positive Working Environment
Office Based: Peterborough, UK
Contract: Full time Maternity Cover / 12 Months Contract Post
- As a Category / Brand Insight Analyst, my client is looking for a resilient, tenacious self starter with a can do attitude who is looking for a challenging opportunity, which offers fantastic learning and growth possibilities through working alongside a Sales and Branded team to assist in the drive of products and brand offerings to company’s customers across worldwide markets.
- Must have proven track record in brand management / category management or as a category analyst of branded and own label brands in industries such as: Health & Beauty / Cosmetics, FMCG, Food and Beverage, Chocolate, Clothing, Luxury Goods, Bath, Body Care, Hair Care, Skincare, Male Grooming or similar fields as long as you are account managing with retailers such as: Morrison’s, Boots, Superdrug, ASDA, Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Marks & Spencer, Aldi, Debenhams or similar as a Category / Brand Manager
- Job titles you could hold right now as well as Category / Brand Insight Analyst: Category Manager, Assistant Category Manager, Brand Manager, Assistant Brand Manager, Insight Analyst, Buyer, Assistant Buyer, Category Analyst, Marketing Analyst or similar title
- Possessing a full and clean driving licence as attending customer meetings is required once per month. You must be commutable within one hour of the Peterborough Head Office to be successful as the Category / Brand Insight Analyst
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent (not essential depending on experience and background)
The Role of Category / Brand Insight Analyst:
- Reporting to the Commercial Sales Manager you will be responsible for analysing market trends, market categories and consumer insight
- Providing support in ongoing brand management – a breakdown of bestsellers, identifying opportunities and gaps
- Facilitating the generation of new products and brand concepts – including design attributes, formulations, price positioning and market positioning
- You will be responsible for identifying key data providers to work alongside and facilitate report/data purchase to collate key statistics to support negotiations with suppliers
- Collate and download weekly branded and private label epos to provide analysis of: weekly performance, reconciliation of branded promotional funding
- Support Brand Team with NPD forecast/sales projection and Export Team to review global opportunities outlining key retailers and categories.
- Have a working knowledge of IRI, Nielsen, Kantar World Panel etc.
- You will support the brand and sales team with sales reviews for strategic meetings, highlighting key winners and potential tail skus
The Company & Opportunity
- My client is a leading manufacturer of private label personal care products with over 250 years’ experience in the business
- They are proud to supply some of the UK’s leading retailers including the top supermarkets and chemists with their Health & Beauty Products, their product ranges include: skincare, hair care, hard soaps, luxury bathing, candles, alcohol fillings, cosmetic packaging as well as much more!
- They are expert at taking a client’s blue sky brief and concept products to finished product in a very short space of time to be stocked product on the shop floor, with the most modern high tech manufacturing plant utilising sophisticated production equipment, they have an established reputation for exceptional NPD, product innovation, customer service and high quality product portfolio and are the only company in the UK with the capabilities for private label, branded label, licensed brands, alcohol filling, candles and hard soap manufacturing right now
- Their facilities and the highly talented and long standing staff in the business allows our client to work the full production cycle from concept to completion at a rapid pace to meet the needs of retailers and consumers
- Opportunities to progress within this business are endless, they are a highly innovative company that are winning awards and market share year on year in all categories. Their business is always changing so there might be the permanent opportunities at the end of the maternity cover / 12 months contract. The progress are real based upon your success
For more information about the Category / Brand Insight Analyst role or to apply send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Anna Wright today on 02039 111000.
Beautiful Recruitment also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.