Buyer (6 Month Fixed Term Contract)
Salary: Negotiable (DOE) + Pension + Life Insurance (Death in service) + 25 days holiday + Stats + Other Blue-Chip Company Benefits
Location: Macclesfield, Cheshire
The Requirements of the Buyer/ Contract Support Role:
- Buying experience from a Manufacturing background, preferably in the Life Sciences/ Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, Analytical Instrument OEM’s, Service Provider or Consumables Vendors, but you could also be working in the Car Manufacturing, Chemicals, Industrial Equipment or any similar Manufacturing sector
- Demonstrated strong negotiation skills and experience, as well as great verbal communication skills – Excellent presentation and communication skills and MS Office literacy required
- Experience in using Microsoft Office Suite and web-based applications
- Knowledge of Information Systems preferred but not essential such as: SAP, Dynamics, eCounterline
- This role will be part of the account-based team and have support, training, access to the UK Life Sciences Group
- To perform all activities necessary to accomplish within cost, schedule and quality objectives, the procurement of a wide variety of complex material and service requirements as required to fulfill the material needs of the account team.
- Full ownership and delivery of 3rd party contracts associated with the account
- Collate demand from end-users to gain an understanding of service levels required
- Request quotes from suppliers and negotiate the best price available
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers and end users
- Raise purchase order (PO) for contract renewal on the purchasing systems
- Update contract and financial databases with renewed contract information
- Assist with demand collation on the larger contracts and work with end users, contract manager and suppliers to enable timely contract renewals
- Raise ad hoc POs for parts /labour on behalf of engineers
- Update SAP with contract information
- Work with contract manager on supplier reviews and escalations which may affect service delivery
- Raise POs against quotes
- My client is a leading Laboratory Services provider who partner with Top 5 Pharmaceutical organisations globally to support their business-critical laboratory operations
- The services they provide ultimately allow scientists and researchers to spend more time on what really matters – advancing scientific research!
- The services they provide covers areas such as Laboratory Design, Instrument Service, Repair & Calibration, Data Advisory & much more!
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ben Atherton today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone would be good for the role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.