Business Development Manager – South West UK
Salary: £25,000 – £28,000 + 35% Commission (Uncapped) + Company Car (e.g. Audi A4 Estate) + Private Healthcare + 6% Matched Pension + iPhone + Laptop + 20 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + Christmas Shutdown
Territory: South West UK (Cardiff, Bristol, Bath, Swindon, Oxford, Southampton, Bournemouth, Taunton etc.)
Home Based: On the territory as listed above
Are you working in the laboratory right now with a desire to enter the world of sales?
Have you got a strong working knowledge of HPLC, GC and/or Mass Spec?
Do you enjoy setting goals and working to achieve and exceed them to better yourself in your career?
If yes to these questions, then this is the perfect role for you…
The Requirements of the Business Development Manager
- Right now, you will be working in the Laboratory as a QC Technician, QC Analyst, QA Technician, Research Scientist, Laboratory Technician, Analytical Chemist, Site Chemist, Analytical Scientist etc.
- You must be proficient in the use of equipment related to: GC (Gas Chromatography), HPLC (High Performance Liquid Chromatography) or MS/Mass Spec (Mass Spectrometry)
- Industries which you would be working in right now could include: Environmental, Pharmaceutical, Industrial, Food & Beverage, Academic, Clinical Laboratory etc.
- To be successful in this role you must have a true drive, determination and a passion to succeed
- Sales is not your average 9-5 role – This position will include overnight stays (On average once per week) so you must be willing to be flexible with your schedule
- Within the position you will be travelling throughout to meet customers so you must hold a full and clean driving licence
The Responsibilities of the Business Development Manager:
- You will be tasked with managing your own diary to arrange appointments with both current customers in order to maintain business and new customers to seek out new opportunities for sales
- 4 days a week you will spend out visiting customers (4 per day on average) and then 1 day per week you will work from a home office to organise the following week’s travel and catch up on any administrative duties
- You will be expected to hold high-level technical conversations about HPLC, GC-MS and any related areas of Chromatography with customers
- The customer base varies throughout Food & Beverage, Environmental, Academic, Industrial, Pharmaceutical, Biotech – In most cases all laboratories have a need for Chromatography Equipment and Consumables
- Within these customer accounts you will be selling to all levels of people from end-users who may be Lab Technicians, PhD Students, Researchers, Bench Scientists all the way up to Lab Managers, Senior Researchers, Technical Managers etc. You would also speak directly with Purchasing Managers, Buyers and other members of the procurement team
- Duties range from providing quotations, ensuring customer fulfilment, performing demos, attending exhibitions and delivering presentations
The Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is a trusted and market leading supplier of equipment and consumables for Chromatography, Mass Spectroscopy and Gas Chromatography
- As a member of their sales team you will be selling Equipment, Consumables and even the Servicing (Service Contracts) of the equipment
- They are an extremely entrepreneurial organisation where everyone’s opinion matters, everyone is valued and has the chance to make an impact
- They provide constant and comprehensive sales training to mould you into the sales professional you want to become!
- This south-western territory is performing so well right now while un-manned that it’s an amazing opportunity to kick-start your sales career with a truly high earnings potential even in year 1!
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to OwenFothergill@langtonhowarth.com or call Owen today on 0113 243 3499.
To apply for this role you must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for the role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.