Business Development Manager – Laboratory Automation
Your Home location: Cambridge/Oxford/London/Home Counties
Work From Home with significant travel across the UK, Europe & North America as required to close deals.
With over 25 years of experience and a global blue chip customer base my client has firmly established themselves as a leading supplier of Life Science Software, Pharmaceutical robotics, and lab automation solutions.
Innovative and bespoke technology is at the heart of what they do, and they are world renowned as a company who provide cutting edge laboratory automation solutions.
They have won numerous awards and have delivered countless custom automation systems that always exceed client expectations which is testament to them having a repeat business rate in the region of 80%! They are a British based Manufacturer too!
They have launched a brand-new range of “off the shelf” laboratory robots and associated integrated laboratory software packages. This is at the heart of the company’s growth plans and significant investment made into the off the shelf product line. This role is a brand-new position taking this new range of Lab Automation and LIMS products to market. This is the future, and the future is you! If you have a proven record in selling Laboratory Instrumentation, Liquid Handling Equipment, Laboratory Automation systems or instrumentation into NGS, HTS, Drug Discovery, Biopharma R&D or Compound Management into the top 15 pharmaceutical/Drug Discovery Companies then we want you to apply right now!
- The key objective of this newly created role is to generate sales of robotics and software products with new as well as existing customers within the Pharmaceutical and Biotech sectors, selling these new to market, off the shelf, intelligent laboratory robots and laboratory software solutions internationally.
- The role will be field based, focussed on new business development, which will involve a high degree of overseas travel to new and prospective pharmaceutical clients like Sanofi, GSK, Pfizer, Novartis, Novo Nordisk to name just a few.
- Pro-actively finding and qualifying new leads and opportunities together with identifying competitor and market activity will be an ongoing responsibility, as will accurate sales planning and forecasting.
- Attending client meetings and closing orders with key stakeholders to include C and D suite level individuals in Laboratory Automation, Compound Management and High Throughput Screening Departments across pharma client sites in the UK, Europe and North America region.
- Working with a dedicated Applications Specialist, you will host and run demonstrations at our clients’ state of the art demo lab in the UK.
- The identification, development, and maintenance of KOL’s, influential contacts within customer pharmaceutical organisations will play an essential part in achieving success in the role.
- Ideally you will have a proven track record (5 years plus) of successful sales experience as a European Business Development Manager, International Life Science Instrument Sales Specialist, Lab Automation Account Manager, or equivalent job title selling high value and complex laboratory/ automation solutions or Scientific Software, Next Generation Sequencers, Laboratory Robotics and/or Liquid Handling systems, NGS/Drug Discovery instruments to Pharmaceutical/Life Science clients
- You will have European or International sales territory management experience looking to undertake a global sale role.
- If you do not have direct Liquid Handling/Laboratory Automation sales experience you could also have experience selling other mid to high value technical laboratory capital equipment such as Cryogenic Sample Storage, Mass Spectrometry, GC-MS, LC-MS, Plate Readers, Plate Washers, Sample Management/Compound Storage solutions or similar.
- You will be educated to BSc Degree level or equivalent in either a Life Sciences, Biological Sciences or Engineering/Mechatronics/Robotics/Software subject.
- It will be an advantage if you have existing knowledge and experience in one or more of the following scientific areas: Drug Discovery, High-Throughput Screening, Genotyping, siRNA, Next Generation Sequencing, Sample Preparation, Biorepository Science, Genomics, Proteomics
- Full and preferably clean UK driving licence and a valid passport with the ability to travel Internationally between circa 40 – 60% of the time.
- Excellent Base Salary DOE
- Quarterly OTE (1% on all sales capped at £1M)
- Car Allowance or Company Car
- Private Health Cover
- Laptop + Mobile Phone
- Competitive Holidays + Statutory Public Holidays
For more information about the role or to apply please send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org and call Emma today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499
You must have full right to work in the UK with a valid UK Driving License to be considered for this role.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.
|Job Category||Business Development Manager|