Territory: Global with a key focus on the UK, Europe, and USA markets
Your location: Home based in the Northwest of England in a commutable distance to our client’s HQ (Circa 2 days per week working from the office)
With over 25 years of experience and a global blue chip customer base my client has firmly established themselves as a leading supplier of Life Science, Pharmaceutical & Industrial robotics, and automation solutions
Cutting edge and bespoke technology is at the heart of what they do, and they are recognised as a company who provide innovative and cost-effective automation solutions!
They have won numerous awards and have delivered countless custom automation systems that always exceed client expectations which is testament to them having a repeat business rate in the region of 80%!
- The key objective of this newly created role is to increase sales with new as well as existing customers within the Pharmaceutical, Life Science, Consumer Goods & Oil Gas sectors for my client’s high-quality custom, ‘one off’ and repeat build system solutions
- The role will be predominantly field based, focussed on new business development, which will involve a degree of overseas travel
- Pro-actively finding and qualifying new leads and opportunities together with identifying competitor and market activity will be an ongoing responsibility, as will accurate sales planning and forecasting
- The role will involve working closely with my client’s engineering teams to understand and meet customer expectations in delivering an innovative and competitive proposal
- In addition, it will be necessary to pursue the enquiry through to proposal presentation, contract negotiation and ultimately purchase order
- The identification, development, and maintenance of influential contacts within customer organisations will play an essential part in achieving success in the role
- Ideally you will have a proven track record (3+ years) of successful sales experience as a Business Development Manager, Sales Specialist, Account Manager, or equivalent job title selling high value and complex laboratory automation solutions to include Robotics and/or Liquid Handling systems to clients in the Pharmaceutical/Life Science sectors
- If you do not have direct Liquid Handling/Laboratory Automation sales experience you could also have experience selling other mid to high value technical laboratory capital equipment such as Cryogenic Sample Storage, Mass Spectrometry, GC-MS, LC-MS, Plate Readers, Plate Washers, Sample Management/Compound Storage solutions or similar
- You will be educated to BSc degree level in either a Life Sciences, Analytical Chemistry or Engineering/Mechatronics/Robotics subject
- It will be an advantage if you have existing knowledge and experience in one or more of the following scientific areas: Drug Discovery, High-Throughput Screening, Genotyping, siRNA, Next Generation Sequencing, Sample Preparation, Biorepository Science, Genomics, Proteomics
- A true willingness to learn new sales processes, science and technologies and do things differently to better yourself, give great customer service and achieve sales success
- Full and preferably clean UK driving licence and a valid passport with the ability to travel Internationally between circa 20 – 40% of the time
- Base Salary Circa £45,000 – £55,000 (DOE)
- Quarterly OTE (1% on all sales capped at £1M)
- Car Allowance or Company Car
- Private Health Cover
- Laptop + Mobile Phone
- Competitive Holidays + Statutory Public Holidays
For more information about the role or to apply please send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org and call Oliver today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499
You must have full right to work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.
|Job Category||Scientific Supplies|