Business Development Manager
Salary: €86,000 – €110,000 + Car Allowance + Mobile Phone + Laptop + Pension + Healthcare + Company Share Scheme + 24 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
Territory: DACH Region (Germany, Austria, Switzerland)
The Requirements of Business Development Manager:
- 5+ years’ sales experience in areas such as: Clinical Trials, Drug Discovery, CRO etc.
- Right now you will be a Business Development Manager, Regional Sales Manager, Product Specialist, Sales Specialist etc. with proven sales experience of services throughout the scientific market
- The ideal candidate should hold a degree in a Life Science such as Biomedical Science, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Microbiology etc.
- The Business Development Manager must have experience selling into the Pharmaceutical and Biotech industries
- Full and clean EU driving licence
The Role of Business Development Manager:
- Sale of Storage and Sample Processing Services
- Providing on-going support and service to existing clients and acting as a liaison between the customers and the business
- Reviewing market analysis to determine customer needs and pricing
- Managing and maintaining a customer lead database
- Attending internal and external training in cases where it may benefit the BDM to have increased knowledge
- Providing regular written reports regarding activities as they relate to sales
- Functions may include management, hiring and training of additional regional sales staff
- My clients’ Automated Solutions business unit is focussed on Automated sample storage, storage consumables and associated devices
- Currently they operate in two main markets/ applications:
- Drug Discovery: typically pharmaceutical companies wanting to store chemical compound samples in volumes from 50µl to 5ml at temperatures from -20°C to room temperature
- Research Biobanking: typically academic/research institutes wanting to store biological samples (eg blood serum) at -80°C or DNA at -20°C
- My client is the leading supplier in both of these markets. The sales cycle for their stores is in the range 6 to 24months and typical order values are $1,000,000 to $5,000,000
- My client operates globally, with Europe, the US and Japan accounting for the majority of our market
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to OwenFothergill@langtonhowarth.com or call Owen today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have authorisation to work in the EU.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.