Business Development Executive – Distribution Channels
Salary: Competitive DOE + OTE: £14,000 (Uncapped) + Free Parking + 20 Holidays (Rising with each year of service) + Bank Holidays + Company Credit Card (For International Travel) + Pension + Life Insurance + Share Options after 6 months
Office Based: Ayr, Scotland
The Requirements of Business Development Executive:
- Degree educated in a Scientific Discipline which included modules in Microbiology – This could have been a course such as Biomedical Science, Biological Sciences, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry etc.
- Experience selling Microbiology Kits for applications within Food Science, Animal Feed and Bacteria Testing would be ideal
- These kits could be testing for Toxins, Allergens (Such as Nuts or Gluten) or bacteria like E.coli, Diphtheria, Salmonella etc.
- The Business Development Executive will have experience managing Distribution Channels for Microbiology Products
- Right now, you may be a Sales Channel Manager, Distribution Manager or hold a related title
- Must be willing to travel throughout Europe and regularly spend time away from home most likely for weeks at a time and on average 1 week per month
- Must hold a full and clean driving licence as well as a valid passport
The Role of Business Development Executive:
- Support, motivate and drive distributors by a process of selling skills, technical training, customer visits, presentations and providing logistical and other business- led solutions.
- Develop given territories in terms of sales growth and broadening of the product offering and mix with emphasis on increasing microbiological products
- Formulate annual business plan for the territory, prioritising customers, product lines and liaising with DM on allocation of appropriate costs.
- Travel extensively within the territory (approximately 30% of working time) as required to actively support distributors in the field, visit appropriate exhibitions and seminars and be fluent in public presentations
- Effective management of given territories and customers located in Europe, for the food safety product ranges
The Company & Opportunity:
- My client is a global leader in the field of Quality Control/Analysis for Food and Hygiene testing laboratories.
- This specific position is within their Distribution division for their wide range of Microbiology Test Kits which serve the Food and Agricultural markets
- They are experiencing rapid growth as they have focused on the demands of the European market and so have direct sales forces in France, Germany, UK, Netherlands, Ireland and Switzerland
- Awarded the Queens Award for Enterprise for international trade and development, one of the highest awards bestowed on a UK company
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to OwenFothergill@langtonhowarth.com or call Owen today on 0113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.