Automation Scientist (12 Month Contract)
Salary: Basic is negotiable DOE + Bonus + Healthcare (through vitality) + Pension (up to 5% matched) + Secure Car Parking + 28 days Holiday (plus stats)
Based: Manchester, UK
- 5+ years of laboratory experience within an industrial setting, of which 3+ years spent in an automation scientist, Laboratory Scientist, Laboratory Engineer, Laboratory Technician, Researcher, Automation Scientist, Automation Engineer, Automation Specialist role (must have Scripting, Software Integration/ IT experience) or equivalent with experience with a range of automated liquid handlers, plate readers, automation software and equipment by manufacturers such as Tecan, TTP Labtech, PerkinElmer, Beckman Coulter, Hamilton, Agilent etc. Experience with Tecan liquid handlers, in particular the EVO series, is desirable
- Software programming skills for robotic operation and graphical user interface, and a good working knowledge of GLP, as well as instrument qualification and validation
- Able to analyse scientific workflows and recommend changes to improve scientific processes, as well as a good grasp of experimental design and execution
- To design, implement and optimise automation processes to support the design, development verification and validation of molecular diagnostic products for prenatal screening
- Provide automation expertise on projects, ensuring experimental work is well planned and executed to a high quality in a timely fashion
- Install, test and validate new automation systems, in particular the Tecan Evo series
- Ensure that validated systems are maintained in compliance with the Quality System, engage with Scientists and Technicians to automate existing laboratory processes
- Establish efficient interfaces between automated instruments to enable user friendly workflows
- Design and optimise automation workflows to ensure they are compatible with test reagents and meet scientific needs and user requirements
- Enable data transfer and traceability between automation platforms and LIMS (or similar) systems
- Train and support other team member as well as customers in the use of laboratory automation systems, automated equipment and software
The Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is a molecular diagnostics business that develops and commercialises genetic products and services
- Their product development, research service and commercial capabilities extend across the lifecycle of DNA test development including regulatory submissions
- They work in partnership with global leaders in DNA technology to advance diagnostic science
- Market leaders within the In-vitro Diagnostics Assay development field
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ben Atherton today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
To apply for this role you must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for the role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.