Automation Engineer – Life Sciences
Salary Circa: £35,000 – £42,000 DOE + Life Insurance + Pension + 25 Days Holidays + Stats
Location: Cambridge (Site Based)
The Requirements of Automation Engineer:
- You will already have 3+ experience in complex instrument support or design & service ideally in a Pharmaceutical/Life Science/Laboratory Automation environment
- Experience of installing & servicing large integrated systems as a Field Service Engineer, Site based Engineer, Automation Engineer, or similar job title/role
- Background in heavy engineering automation may be applicable, but with high degree of precision for accurate alignment
- Educated to HNC/HND or BEng/Meng level in a relevant engineering discipline such as: Computer Science, Mechatronics, Robotics, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Previous experience of working in multidisciplinary customer facing teams
- PC literate in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Very strong analytical skills with proven ability to break down and solve complex robotic problems in a logical and structured approach, Strong relationship management and excellent communication skills/influencing skills
The role of Automation Engineer:
- Troubleshooting and maintaining the Robotic, Automated Systems and equipment used for High Throughput Screening by world leading manufacturers such as Labcyte, HighRes Biosolutions and Beckman Coulter to name just a few day in, day out – a core 8-hour day with the opportunity to be flexible with your working hours of work: i.e. 8am-4pm, 7am-3pm or 9am-5pm – No shift work at all!
- Collaborating with world renowned clients and their suppliers for future equipment as well as maintaining the current equipment in place
- In depth training from the UK and overseas on this high-tech never-before used equipment specially designed and manufactured for the pharmaceutical industry
- Pick up the work that comes through in a timely manner, use your skills and experience to make autonomous decisions to keep the business running smoothly
- Our client are a Forbes listed service provider to some of the largest businesses across all sectors globally including Life Sciences, Industrial, Logistics, Real Estate and Pharmaceuticals
- This role is directly supporting a top 5 pharmaceutical organisation in a well-established, technologically advanced facility working with cutting edge laboratory automation systems
- Excellent opportunities to progress internally within the business, and work within a world class team – you are truly making a difference and massive impact not only to the business but the world by working with these life changing products
- The role is on site so there are no shifts, no travelling involved, Monday to Friday and you will be home every night!
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to Olivergill@langtonhowarth.com or call Oliver Gill today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499
You must have the right to work in the UK in order to be considered for this role
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone would be good for the Automation Engineer role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.