Location: Site based in Pampisford, Cambridgeshire
This role is available as either full time Monday – Friday or part time (30 hours per week/4 days a week)
Our client is a leading integrated drug discovery CRO that has been setting the highest standards in drug discovery, with a particular emphasis on small molecule research, since the early 2000’s.
They work in partnership with clients from a variety of sectors including academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and patient foundation organisations around the world with a focus on Assay Biology, Bespoke Assay Development, Small Molecules. Working across all disease areas you will have the opportunity to broaden your experience and skillset, by managing a range of bespoke assay development projects.
The role of Associate Principle Scientist:
- Plan and implement experimental protein production or structural biology projects, solving any problems that arise
- Undertake protein expression (E. coli, insect and/or mammalian), expression optimisation, protein purification optimisation and scale up to multi mg scale for structural analysis, protein QC, protein-ligand crystallisation
- Managing client projects
- Support routine laboratory operation and maintenance
- Prepare and present oral and written reports on research activities to internal and external audiences
- Actively pursue own personal development
- Maintain appropriate awareness of safety procedures, attend required safety training and adhere to laboratory safety rules as defined by the host department
- Ensure that all duties are performed in accordance with organisational standards, policies, and procedures
The requirements of the Associate Principle Scientist:
- To be considered for this exciting role you will already have 5+ years of experience post education as an Associate Principal Scientist or Principal Scientist in the protein science/structural biology field
- You will have gained this experience working for either a CRO, Pharmaceutical or Biotech company & ideally in a small molecule drug discovery environment
- You will be able to work independently in protein expression (E.coli, insect and/or mammalian), expression optimisation, protein purification optimisation and scale up to multi mg scale for structural analysis, protein QC and protein-ligand crystallisation
- You will have demonstratable experience using a range of AKTA chromatography equipment and columns
- Experience in crystal manipulation/ freezing, solving protein-ligand X-ray crystal structures independently would be a plus
- Ideally you will have a PhD in a protein based area such as Biochemisty, Protein Science, Molecular Biology or related areas (BSc/MSc degree candidates are also welcomed to apply with relevant industry experience
- The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, a quick learner, have good problem-solving skills, and be able to work effectively in an inter-disciplinary team
Salary & Benefits:
- Base Salary Circa £40,000 – £60,000 DOE
- Pension (10% employer contribution & 5% employee)
- Private Medical Cover
- 4 x salary life insurance
- 25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Free Parking Onsite
Apply right now by calling Oliver Gill on +44 (0) 113 243 3499 or email your current CV on email@example.com. Langton Howarth is the market leading recruitment agency placing people into dream jobs across the UK and Europe daily.
To be considered for this role you must have a full right to work in the UK
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00(o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice.