Territory: M4 corridor (Bristol, Gloucester, Wiltshire, Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey, Somerset, Devon, Cornwall, Dorset, West Sussex, East Sussex and Kent)
Full-time permanent, home office/ field-based position
My client is a Global leading provider of clinical protein electrophoresis equipment and reagents which is used for in-vitro diagnostic testing. Their innovative products analyse proteins in order to screen and monitor various diseases and conditions; primarily oncology (Multiple Myeloma), metabolic disorders such as Diabetes and also Hemoglobinopathy and rare pathologies.
Product quality, Customer focus & Effective service are three core values that they stand by; and owe to their huge success and reputation.
Day to day role:
- Achieving agreed sales and profit targets for instrumentation and reagents
- Managing and developing growth of the business and coordinating company activity within the designated territory (M4 Corridor) for both active customer accounts and prospective accounts: NHS/ Healthcare, Research and Laboratory Diagnostics
- Identifying key decision makers and stakeholders across each account and effectively implement our sales cycle to ensure positive tender outcomes
- Communications between company personnel and the customer and for ensuring new product implementations go smoothly
- Developing demand for, and adoption of, new assays and instrumentation
- Working closely with internal colleagues to develop and implement customer specific strategies
- Identifying and informing the National Sales Manager and Product Manager of competitor activities or customer trends within the territory
- Monitoring and managing contract compliance, often engaging with Managed Service Providers
- Leading tender projects, working closely with other team members to develop tailored proposals
- Awareness of and proactive adaption to local changes to customer structure, including laboratory networking and consolidation, procurement hubs and developments in clinical care and commissioning pathways
- Maintaining diary schedule and manage customer information in the CRM (Microsoft Dynamics)
- Ideally you will have a minimum of 2+ years of proven diagnostic sales experience selling instruments and/or reagents in the areas of Clinical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Haematology or closely related area within an NHS/Clinical Diagnostics environment OR you could be a Biomedical Scientist / Biomedical Science Graduate looking to take your first step into a sales /commercial role
- Proven experience in IT skills (MS word, Excel, Power point etc)
- Full UK driving licence
Salary and benefits:
- Basic salary is negotiable (depending on experience)
- £15,000 per annum, OTE, paid annually, uncapped commission scheme for analyser placements (rewarding capital sales)
- Fully Expensed Company Car, Private Healthcare and Pension
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ben Atherton today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone would be good for the Area Sales Manager role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.
|Job Category||Clinical Diagnostics|