Applications Scientist – Raman Spectroscopy
Salary Circa: £35,000 – £40,000 + Company Bonus + 25 Holidays (+Bank Holidays) + Private Medical + Medical Cash Plan
The Requirements of Applications Scientist:
- Ideally you will be educated to PhD Level in a subject such as Physical Science, Chemistry, Materials Science etc. where you used Raman Spectroscopy during your studies
- Familiar with a variety of Spectroscopic instrumentation which could include: Raman Spectroscopy, Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM), Fluorescence Spectroscopy and Particle Characterisation
- Laboratory Experience working with these or related instruments in vital for the Applications Scientist
- Prior work experience working as an Applications Specialist, Product Specialist, Laboratory Demonstrator, Research Scientist during which position you work working with and demonstrating Spectroscopy Equipment
The Role of Applications Scientist:
- Manage the company’s busy Scientific Applications Laboratory for sample running and demonstrations of its range of analytical and spectroscopic instrumentation
- Contribute to new sales through product demonstrations and customer sample analysis and the provision of demonstration/analysis reports
- Ensure that customer demonstrations and sample analyses are scheduled, carried out and reported in a timely, efficient and professional manner
- Attend conferences and exhibitions, and actively contribute through scientific and commercial presentations, lectures and workshops
- Contribute to the customer training programme, focussing on advanced training covering high level hardware/software functionality and sample-specific applications advice
- My client offers an extensive array of instruments and systems throughout automotive R&D, process and environmental monitoring, in-vitro medical diagnostics, semiconductors and metrology, as well as a broad range of scientific R&D and QC measurement products
- They are market leaders across many of these fields and this role focuses specifically on the Analytical Instrument field working with a variety of customers across the UK
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to OwenFothergill@langtonhowarth.com or call Owen today on 0113 243 3499.
You must have authorisation to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.