Applications Sales Specialist – Life Sciences Instruments & Consumables
Salary: £20,000 – £28,000 + £4,000 Commission + Pension Scheme + Healthcare + 20 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Xmas Shutdown + Child Care Vouchers + Free Onsite Parking
Office Based: Cambridgeshire
The Requirements of the Applications Sales Specialist:
- To be successful in the role of Applications Sales Specialist you must have a degree (BSc or MSc) or equivalent experience in a scientific discipline
- You could have a degree in Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Applied Sciences, Environmental Science etc.
- You must have experience working with benchtop laboratory equipment (Stirrers, Shakers, Heaters, Balances etc.) and/or fluidics products
- Ideally you will be working in a Technical Support role right now with a desire to get into a sales environment. You could be an Applications Scientist, Applications Support Engineer, Technical Support Representative etc.
- Full UK Driving Licence
The Responsibilities of the Applications Sales Specialist:
- Within the role of Applications Sales Specialist, you will be required to answer inbound telephone calls to the UK sales department in a professional and business-like manner
- Answering of e-mail queries in a timely manner and if required reach out to Product Sales Managers and Technical Support resources (both internal and external) to ensure customers are given accurate and detailed responses to any technical questions
- To issue quotations when required and to follow up quotations and sales opportunities with outbound sales calls
- Act upon enquiries generated through the Company’s various promotional and marketing activities and administer and update their status on the company’s systems (CRM)
- Communicate and support customers via the Who’s on web chat function for the company’s web sites
- Continuous development of marketplace and product knowledge to support above functions
- Feedback and effectively communicate any customer suggestions/complaints/queries via appropriate processes and procedures
- If required make sales visits to customer site, attend trade shows, seminars, exhibitions and other promotional activities on behalf of the company in the UK and overseas under the direction of the UK Sales Manager
- My client supplies a wide range of Laboratory Equipment for a variety of applications across many different disciplines
- This role focuses heavily on their core portfolio of general bench-top apparatus to include balances, baths and circulators, incubators, ovens, refrigerators and freezers, and pH equipment
- They are also amongst the industry leaders in the supply and service of chromatography equipment and consumables used extensively in the Pharmaceutical, Environmental, Biotechnology industries as well as Academia. They were established over 13 years ago and offer clients an unrivalled service choice on GC, LC, GCMS, CTC, Dissolution and online SPE products
- An extremely entrepreneurial organisation where everyone has a voice and your impact is felt
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to OwenFothergill@langtonhowarth.com or call Owen today on 0113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.