Location: Little Chesterford, Saffron Walden
Our client is a leading integrated drug discovery CRO that has been setting the highest standards in drug discovery, with a particular emphasis on small molecule research, since the early 2000’s.
They work in partnership with clients from a variety of sectors including academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and patient foundation organisations around the world with a focus on Assay Biology, Bespoke Assay Development, Small Molecules. Working across all disease areas you will have the opportunity to broaden your experience and skillset, by managing a range of bespoke assay development projects.
Right now they are working with many clients across academia, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and patient foundation organisations globally.
- You will be supporting the companies expansion of its Assay Biology department, as the Team Leader / Manager of a range of different Early Stage hit Identification, Drug Discovery right through to Pre-Clinical Screening projects (2-4 projects at any one time, managing approx 3-5 Scientists per project)
- You will work at the interface between chemistry and biology
- As the Team Leader you will expand the department to increase its capabilities and capacity, while in the short term require a degree of ‘hands on’ experience
- Maintain appropriate awareness of safety procedures, attend required safety training and adhere to laboratory safety rules as defined by the host department, as well as ensuring all duties are performed in accordance with organisational standards, policies and procedures
- You will contribute to several different projects, across the whole drug discovery spectrum from Hit Identification to Lead Optimisation
- Play an active role as a member of the senior management leadership team and using your knowledge to help grow the departement and influecing R&D strategy
- To be considered for this role you must have 10 years previous direct line management experience (or supervisory indirect people management) as a Laboratory Manager/ Team Leader/ Supervisor in a Drug Discovery environment, Assay Biology, or early-phase hit identification bespoke assay development experience
- Industrial experience (ideally more than 3 years), with a proven track record in delivering ADME/DMPK assay result delivery, where your conclusions have guided projects
- Experience of ADME assay development
- In vitro ADME and related assays e.g. hepatocyte stability, microsomal stability, plasma-protein binding, CYP inhibition etc
- Experience with mass spectrometry (LC-MS, LC-MSMS)
- Ability to generate bespoke assays for client-based projects, with support from experienced colleagues as required
- Experience with plate-based assays
- Handling of mammalian cells and bio-analysis
- Present scientific results and ideas to colleagues and external clients or collaborators as required
- £56,000 – £72,000 Basic
- Private Medical
- 4x Salary Life Insurance
- 25 Days Holiday + Stats
Apply right now by calling Reuben on +44 (0) 113 243 3499 or email your up-to-date CV to Reuben: firstname.lastname@example.org. Langton Howarth is the market leading recruitment agency placing people into dream jobs across the UK and Europe daily.
In order to be considered for this role you must have a full right to work in the UK
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00(o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice.