Account Manager – South West London
Territory: South West London
Home location: Living in no more than 1 hour’s commute to Imperial College
Salary Circa: £28,000 – £40,000 DOE +Circa £10,000 Bonus (Uncapped & paid quarterly) + Company Car (Fully Expensed) + Laptop + iPhone + Ipad + Company Credit Card + 5% Pension Contribution + Health Care & Health Cash Plan + Up to 25 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + 3 days Xmas Closure + Internet Contribution
Are you an experienced Life Sciences sales representative with a successful track record of selling laboratory equipment and/or consumables in the London region?
Do you have experience selling products such as Pipettes, Pipette Tips, PCR consumables, ELISA, Centrifuges, Freezers and related products?
Do you want to be responsible for the highest performing sales territory in the UK and representing a market leading & award-winning Liquid Handling manufacturer who have offices in the UK, France, Germany & Italy?
The Requirements of the Account Manager:
- To be considered for the Account Manager role you will have 1+ years scientific sales/account management experience working for companies such as Elkay Laboratory Products, Greiner Bio-One, VWR, Alpha Laboratories, Eppendorf or similar company
- It would be an advantage to have previous laboratory experience using laboratory products such as, pipettes, cell culture plastics, PCR plastics, tissue culture plastics or sample storage equipment
- You must have a minimum of a BSc in a Life Science (Biological sciences) subject i.e. Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biological Sciences, Immunology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Cancer Biology, Biomedical Science, Cell Biology or equivalent
- You must possess a full and clean UK driver’s licence to be considered and be eligible to work in the EU
- You must be flexible to do any overnight stays that are required as part of the role
The Role of the Account Manager:
- As the Account Manager you will be tasked with achieving annual sales targets and objectives across your territory primarily covering the following postcodes – GU, HA, KT, W, UB, TW, SW SM and SL areas, although from time to time you may be required to cover other areas to ensure the company’s business needs are met
- Manage and grow an existing sales base and develop new customer relationships
- Arrange appointments, follow-up on quotes, samples and leads
- Strategically identify and conduct key account analysis, create and develop plans to maintain existing business and gather intelligence for new opportunities
- Meet with customers to present and demonstrate my clients Liquid Handling products and lead generation, initiate and communicate proposals relevant to customer needs and use negotiation skills to achieve a successful sale
- Create and maintain records within the internal CRM system to assist with customer contact traceability, initiating proposals and customer specific information
- To present and contribute to internal and external meetings
- Prepare information as needed for customer meetings and discussions with management
- Respond to customer enquiries promptly, liaising with internal support to assist where necessary
Company and Opportunity:
- This is a fantastic opportunity to manage & grow the most established territory for an award-winning manufacturer of Liquid Handling Technology, they’re now the UK’s leading manufacturer of pipettes/ pipette tips and have experienced continual year of year growth over the last decade
- They have a large focus on new product development and have extended their existing laboratory consumables portfolio to enable them to offer a range of new smart laboratory equipment to include PCR cabinets, Centrifuges, Shakers, Stirrers and much more!
- A real team focused organisation that empowers its UK sales and marketing team through regular training, sales meetings and inspirational management. They just keep winning awards and keep on growing!
Apply today by sending your word CV to Oliver Gill of Langton Howarth Ltd via email to email@example.com or call Oliver in confidence right now for more information on the contact number: 0113 243 3499.
In order to be considered for the role you must have the right to work in the UK
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.