Account Manager – Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Sectors
Salary: £30,000 – £40,000 (DOE) + Excellent Commission Structure + Company Car + Pension Scheme + Healthcare + Mobile Phone + Laptop + iPad
Territory: North West England (M62 Corridor)
Based: Home Office Based in the North West of England
The Requirements of the Account Manager:
- Right now, you will be a Sales Representative, Account Manager, Territory Manager, Area Sales Manager etc. working for a Life Science organisation and selling directly to the Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical market
- You could also be working as a Research Scientist, Post Doc, Laboratory Associate etc. for an Academic Institute or Biotech/Pharma company with a true passion to enter the world of sales and a hunger to succeed!
- In both cases you must also hold a minimum of a BSc in a Life Science discipline such as: Biomedical Science, Biochemistry, Biological Sciences, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Virology, Immunology etc.
- Experience in sales of products/services such within the field of Life Sciences would be most advantageous
- Working with/selling equipment and consumables relating to: Molecular Biology, Cell Culture, Reagents and Antibodies, Microbiology, Flow Cytometry, Immunology, Pipettes, PCR or any similar/related products
- My client requires their account manager to be highly organised and very self-motivated if they are to succeed as part of their account management team
- Full and clean driver’s licence is required as the Account Manager
The Responsibilities of the Account Manager:
- Covering a highly-established customer portfolio including the key-accounts across the Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology sectors which is an absolute gold-mine of sales opportunity!
- The role involves making appointments and visiting: Lab Managers, Purchasing Heads and Scientists/ PhD Students in laboratories of the Pharma or Biotech companies to sell a range of market-leading consumables, equipment and services
- You must hold a strong core knowledge of your product portfolio in enable to provide customers with consultative advice which will improve the running and output of their laboratories
- Work closely with colleagues be that the Marketing Team of your sales colleagues out in the field such as Key Account Managers or Sales Specialist to ensure you are optimising the growth potential of your territory
- Ensuring that you keep the company CRM system accurately updated at all times to ensure the success of the business and your colleagues
The Company and Opportunity:
- My client is a true market leader across the life sciences sector
- Their product range is vast and un-rivalled within the industry not only for its broad range but the true quality of the products which they offer
- With particular focus on customer satisfaction, they retain business at an extremely high rate and have a firm majority of the market share in a variety of markets as a result
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to email@example.com or call Oliver today on 0113 243 3499.
To apply you must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for the role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.