Account Manager – Maternity Cover Until 31st December 2020
Salary Circa: £32,000 – £42,000 DOE + Pension + 25 days holiday + Stats + Laptop + Mobile Phone + Company Car + Fantastic Bonus Scheme
Location: UK and Sweden
Do you have practical lab experience with cell culture and tissue culture techniques and now want to progress into a scientific sales role?
Have you got previous experience in life science sales and can’t wait to return to a customer facing role?
Are you a bubbly, friendly individual with a talent for building strong relationships and delivering excellent customer service?
If you answered yes to any of the above, then this may be the ideal role for you…
- My client is a global leader in the field of Life Science Cell Culture consumables who partner with the likes of Thermofisher, Greiner, Sarstedt and other leading distributors to deliver their innovative products to end users in the laboratory
- They sell a huge variety of life science laboratory products and solutions to private businesses and academia including genomics and PCR kits, general labware, microbiology and molecular biology equipment, microplates, media and tissue culture plastics
- Their brand is a “household name” within the scientific community; this is due to their excellent quality products and their skill for innovation
- For the past 5 consecutive years, the company has enjoyed 14% growth per year in both the UK and abroad due to their fantastic cell culture products and great people!
- This is an immediate hire on a contract basis that will finish on 31st December 2020
- This role is a fantastic stepping stone towards a scientific sales career within a global company and/or within scientific sales and customer service going forward
The requirements of the Account Manager:
- BSc in a Life Science subject such as Biology, Immunology, Oncology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology etc
- Advanced practical tissue culture work experience in the laboratory, either from an MSc, PhD or paid employment
- Knowledge and practical experience with cell culture techniques; this could be from stem cell research, cancer research, 3D cell culture or similar life sciences research
- Experience in scientific technical sales is preferred but not essential
- Welcoming, empathetic and passionate personality and strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional relationship management and communication/influencing skills
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals
- Ability to work to own initiative but team orientated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Exceptional written, oral, commercial and presentation skills
- Able to travel between England and Sweden; your time will be split 50/50 between these countries
The role of the Account Manager:
- Developing and executing account plans that provide the customer(s) with a fully integrated set of product, process, service, and technical solutions
- Building strong relationships with clients to fully understand both their short- and long-term goals and recommending products and workflow solutions accordingly
- Promoting the whole range of Cell Culture products for a brand leading life science company
- Responsible for handling order values ranging from £300 to over £1 million
- Take responsibility for accounts in both Sweden and the UK
- Provide a consultative approach towards sales
- Stay informed of customer requirements, key buying factors, industry trends and competitor intelligence, and use this knowledge to identify and pursue profitable selling opportunities for current or next generation products
- Collaborates with Pricing, Product Line Management and other functions to negotiate favorable agreements with customers
- Proactively use the company CRM to communicate with internal stakeholders and other functions for the management, planning and success of the sales territory
- Customize presentation and marketing material to fit the customer’s technical needs
- Assess the overall cost of sales to ensure that resources are optimally allocated to align with the opportunities that are available
- Coordinate cross-functional account services with Applications Engineering, Customer Service, Systems Engineering, Technical Management) to lead the account and serve the customer with one, unified voice and to provide seamless support
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to email@example.com or call Lucy Rayner today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone would be good for Regional Sourcing Leader role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.