Account Manager – Life Sciences
Territory: Cambridge and surrounding areas
Your location: Living on territory with easy access to Cambridge
Our client is a global market leading manufacturer and supplier of state-of-the-art liquid handling technology that leading Scientists & Researchers globally rely on to advance lifesaving research in exciting fields such as Drug Discovery, Cell Therapy, Stem Cell & Cancer Research!
You will have the best of both worlds in respect to working for a large multinational player that has a true team culture that will make you feel truly valued and rewarded for your sales success!
This is a golden opportunity to develop strategic high value relationships with world famous clients across Academia, Biotech & Pharmaceutical sectors such as the Wellcome Sanger Institute, The John Innes Centre, The Babraham Institute, University of Cambridge and much more!
You will have amazing opportunities to progress in areas such as Sales Leadership, Key Account Management, Business Development and Product Management!
The role of Account Manager – Life Sciences:
- This role involves a great mix of managing existing high value accounts in a lucrative territory with the opportunity to take this to the next level by seeking out exciting new clients and opportunities
- Maintain frequent contact with customers (including distributors) to identify, build and strengthen the relationship, continually assess effectiveness in meeting the customer’s needs, and ultimately maximize account penetration and customer retention
- Develop and execute sales and marketing plans with distributor(s), manage and enhances relationships and conduct regular reviews to drive sales and become a trusted point of contact
- Continuously review and develop existing and new business opportunities to ensure total revenue and profitable growth
- Use appropriate business reports and analyses to effectively develop and manage the business in their specified territory and segment
The requirements for the Account Manager – Life Sciences:
- Degree educated (BSc/MSc) in a life sciences subject such as Microbiology, Virology, Biomedical Science, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related field
- You will already know that a lucrative career in scientific sales is what you want and will have previous sales/commercial experience in any type of industry which could be telesales, F2F sales or customer service
- You could also be working in a laboratory with an outgoing personality and drive to move into scientific sales
- Ability to establish rapport, identify opportunities and influence a decision
- Strong problem solving ability
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Valid UK driver’s license and passport
Salary and Benefits:
- Base Salary Circa £30,000 – £35,000 DOE
- 20% OTE (Uncapped!)
- Fully expensed & high-quality company car
- Private Healthcare
- Private Pension (5% Matched)
- Laptop & Phone
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to email@example.com or call Oliver Gill – Global Recruitment Manager today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who would be good for the role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.
|Job Category||Account Manager|