Territory: Midlands, Oxford & Wales
Home location: Ideally based in either the Midlands or Oxford area
My client is a true market leader across the life sciences sector whose products, technology and services support and accelerate scientific discovery!
The Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division enables scientists to translate new discoveries in groundbreaking ways.
With particular focus on customer satisfaction, they retain business at an extremely high rate and have a firm majority of the market share in a variety of markets as a result.
The requirements of the Account Manager:
- Ideally you will already have 1+ year’s experience in a field-based Sales/Account Manager role selling either Life Sciences or Analytical Chemistry equipment, consumables, or services (or a combination)
- Internal sales experience in the Life Sciences/Analytical Chemistry sector will also be considered if you are motivated to progress into a Field Sales role
- You will be educated to Degree level (BSc/MSc/PhD) qualification in either a Biological or Chemistry discipline
- A broad familiarity of one or more of the following industries would be ideal: Pharmaceutical, CRO, Environmental, Food/Flavors, Clinical, Toxicology, Forensics, Chemical, Biotechnology
- Ability to identify new target accounts each year and be able to develop and execute territory plans
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Motivation and desire to be successful with a “can do” approach
- Must be a team player with ability to interface across internal and external complex matrix organisations
- The position requires the ability to travel within your defined geographical area and on occasions to facilities across Europe
- Hold a valid driving license and passport
The responsibilities of the Account Manager:
- As the Account Manager you will be responsible for identifying prospective buyers of my clients Chromatography products and services within the defined geographical region
- This activity will require a high level of business development seeking out new accounts within your defined territory as well as servicing of existing accounts
- You will expand the market share for the following analytical product areas: HPLC, Gas Chromatography, Ion Chromatography, Elemental, DIA, and related consumables & software to customers within Pharma QA/QC, Environmental, Industrial, Food Safety, and Healthcare
- Maintain and regularly enter accurate and complete customer data and sales project information into the company sales database (SFDC)
- Provide accurate timely monthly sales forecasts to sales management
- Be able to clearly identify and interpret customer’s requirements, shape, and align their requirements to my client’s capabilities and apply solutions to the customer’s needs and effectively communicate these to customers
- Exchange Account Information and Sales Leads within and across the commercial divisions
- Attend and support through technical and business presentations, when required, trade shows, user meetings, customer seminars and other customer events
- When required, assist in the yearly planning of the future financial performance of the Company by providing insight into the prospects for growth in your own territory
- Work cooperatively and effectively with your immediate colleagues in the Scientific Sales and Service groups as well as with other colleagues to always ensure a high level of customer satisfaction with our products and services
- Base Salary Circa £35,000 – £45,000 (DOE)
- 25% OTE (+ Over achievement bonuses)
- Fully Expensed Company Car
- Private Healthcare
- Laptop, Mobile Phone & Tablet
- 25 Days Holidays + 8 Bank Holidays
Apply right now by calling Oliver Gill – Global Recruitment Manager at Langton Howarth Ltd on + 44 (0) 113 243 3499 and email your up-to-date word CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Langton Howarth is the market leading scientific supplies company placing people into dream jobs across the UK and Europe daily.
To be considered for this role you must have the right to work in the UK
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice!
|Job Category||Scientific Supplies|