ELRIG looks to recognise and celebrate Early Career Professionals (ECPs) that make a clear impact on the wider scientific community. This may be achieved in a variety of ways:
(1) Through delivery of impactful science, contributing to early, pre-clinical drug discovery
(2) by science or technology development work;
(3) via leadership or facilitation of collaborations in the drug-discovery space
(4) through other philanthropic and volunteering contributions.
The ELRIG ECP Impact Award aims to highlight the important and purposeful achievements made by our future leaders.
The awardee will be invited to give a 20 minute platform presentation on their work at the upcoming ELRIG Research and Innovation in Oxford (31st March-1st April) and will be interviewed by Select Science to promote their achievement. A prize of £500 will be given to be spent on further career development or paid to a charity of the recipient’s choice if they are unable to accept the prize directly.
ECPs may apply directly or be nominated by a colleague. ELRIG invites the wider community to propose ECP colleagues that have made noteworthy impact. In each case, application requires submission of the following:
- 1-page, 300-word synopsis of the ECPs contribution and its impact on early drug discovery, using the downloadable pdf form
- A brief 2-page CV/resume
Documents should be submitted to email@example.com by the closing deadline 1st March 2020.