Sales Account Manager – Life Sciences
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000 + OTE: £3,000 + Company Car + Pension + Healthcare + Mobile Phone + Laptop
Territory: Oxford, South West & Wales
The Requirements of Sales Account Manager:
• As the Sales Executive you must hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline such as Biotechnology, Immunology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry or Molecular Biology etc. in order to be technically strong as the Sales Account Manager role
• Right now you could be working in a laboratory environment as a Research Technician, Research Assistant, Laboratory Technician etc. With a desire to enter the world of scientific sales
• You could be working in a sales role right now as a Sales Executive, Sales Representative, Account Manager, Business Development Executive or in Internal Sales etc. having completed a scientific degree, looking to combine your sales with your area of study or progress within the Life Science industry if you are already selling these types of products
• You must be willing and able to travel around the territory which is South West & Wales. The majority of accounts will be based around the Oxford region
• You must hold a full and clean UK driving licence
The Role of Sales Account Manager:
• Responsible for visiting academia and biotech customers across the defined territory
• Promote and sell the companies entire portfolio of Life Science Reagents, Antibodies and Assays
• Work with management to handle commercial issues arising e.g. negotiations, tenders, etc.
• Provide technical advice and expertise to customers where necessary
• Represent the company at scientific exhibitions and conferences
• Maintain a regular and high level of contact with customers via telephone and email to build on the relationships
• Ensure customer database is regularly updated and all relevant information is logged and downloaded within the required timescale
• Work with the internal team to maximise communication and improve efficiencies within the sales process in order to drive revenue
• My client supplies almost 2 million innovative and specialist life science research products for researchers who need consistent, reproducible results
• They have an excellent reputation for supplying high quality, competitively priced, reliable products
• They have one of the largest ranges of primary and secondary antibodies, with 9 high quality suppliers working with then, including the some of the world’s largest antibody manufacturers
• They also offer a range of specialist reagents within the fields of immunology, neurology, cell invasion, thrombolysis, apoptosis and molecular biology to name but a few
• Small but extremely efficient company. They are ISO9001:2008 accredited ensuring superior quality and service for the customer
• They like to educate users as much as possible, and offer free seminars on various topics to help users work appropriately with the products
Apply right now by calling Owen Fothergill – Specialist Recruitment Consultant at Langton Howarth Ltd on 0113 243 3499 or email your up to date word CV to OwenFothergill@langtonhowarth.com. Langton Howarth is the market leading scientific supplies company placing people into dream jobs across the UK and Europe daily.
In order to be considered for this role you must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice.