Salary: Basic is flexible depending on experience + Company Car + Pension + Healthcare + Mobile Phone + Excellent Career Progression
Based: North of England
- A qualification in Biochemistry, Biomedical Science and / or Engineering is preferable
- Have 2 years of experience in the Medical Diagnostics industry, within a role such as: Applications/ Product Specialist, working within a company such as Abbott, Siemens, Roche, Hologic, Sysmex or similar company
- Knowledge and understanding of laboratory practices, Inc. a knowledge of clinical chemistry, immunoassay and automation is preferable but not essential as full training will be supplied.
- A self-motivated individual who has an enthusiastic approach to customer service and has excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to provide remote and on-site customer application/engineering support for respective product line(s) across UK where required
- As the Field Application Engineer you will provide onsite customer support and will be the main face of the Company to customers
- This position will be instrumental in providing a high level of support, requiring close interaction with the customer and colleagues to maintain a quality service
- Adhering to customer focused strategies to achieve business goals, increase customer satisfaction and Service Support
- Install and commission analysers and provide technical support
- To perform in-house and on-site training on equipment
- Maintain relationships with all sites in the area of responsibility and maintain personal knowledge development
- Confirming that the performance of the equipment meets both the technical specifications, and where possible, customer expectations
- Performing any required troubleshooting to correct instrument performance issues
- Completing customer sign off – of all commissioning documentation, with correct storage of the original copy as per standard work procedures
- Performing any required customer training and addressing customer knowledge gaps
- All installation and commissioning work to be recorded in detail in CRM system
- Installation Standard Work must be followed for all installation projects
To provide technical support:
- You must have the ability to troubleshoot analyser engineering and applications issues including: calibration, QC, reagent
- Appropriate customer-facing communication skills relevant to the requirements of the role
- All customer requests for further data/information should be actioned as quickly as reasonably possible
- Notifying the Regional Manager and/or the relevant Product Manager of serious issues in the agreed manner
- Management of escalated accounts to ensure timely resolutions and clear communication both to internal departments and to accounts
The Company and Opportunity:
- My client is a global market leader within the Life Sciences and Diagnostics sectors, their diagnostic systems are found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world and produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients.
- Hospital laboratories are their core clinical diagnostic customers and their life science customers include pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, universities, medical schools and research institutions.
- For more than 75 years, their products have been making a difference in people’s lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
Apply right now by calling Ben Atherton – Specialist Recruitment Consultant at Langton Howarth Ltd on 0113 243 3499 or email your up to date word CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Langton Howarth is the market leading scientific supplies company placing people into dream jobs across the UK and Europe daily.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street