Salary: £50,000 – £70,000 + Company Car + Mobile Phone + Laptop + Pension + Healthcare + 24 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
Based: North West UK (Commutable to Manchester)
The Requirements of Business Development Manager:
- 10+ years’ experience within the clinical sector across manufacturing/operations as well as sales/commercial
- Right now you will be a Business Development Manager, Regional Sales Manager, Product Specialist, Sales Specialist etc. with a hand in the operational side of the business or you may be an Operations Manager, Technical Manager etc. with a background in a commercial role
- The ideal candidate should hold a degree in a Life Science or Engineering discipline such as Biomedical Science, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Microbiology, Electronics, Mechanics etc.
- The Business Development Manager must have experience selling instruments/equipment into the Clinical market
- Full UK driving licence
- Ideally living within a 1 hour commute of Manchester
The Role of Business Development Manager:
- The analyse and research the global clinical market and opportunities to sell Automated Solutions within it
- Create a business plan on how you will look to open the clinical market for my client
- Acquire a thorough knowledge of the Automated Solutions product range
- Willing to spend around 30% of your time on the road
- Implement the business plan which you have created, targeting global clinical accounts
- Work closely with the production team to suggest any required product changes in order to fit standards for the customers
- My clients’ Automated Solutions business unit is focused on Automated sample storage, storage consumables and associated devices
- Currently they operate in two main markets/ applications:
- Drug Discovery: typically pharmaceutical companies wanting to store chemical compound samples in volumes from 50µl to 5ml at temperatures from -20°C to room temperature
- Research Biobanking: typically academic/research institutes wanting to store biological samples (eg blood serum) at -80°C or DNA at -20°C
- My client is the leading supplier in both of these markets. The sales cycle for their stores is in the range 6 to 24months and typical order values are $1,000,000 to $5,000,000
- My client operates globally, with Europe, the US and Japan accounting for the majority of our market
- The aim of this position is to open up a brand new third market in the clinical sector
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to OwenFothergill@langtonhowarth.com or call Owen today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have authorisation to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.