Account Manager – Life Sciences Consumables – North East UK
Based: North East – Newcastle, Durham, Teesside, Harrogate, York, Hull and Darlington
Salary Package: £22,000 – £30,000 DOE + £5,000 Bonus + VW Golf TDI Company Car + Laptop + Mobile Phone (iPhone) + Tablet + Company Credit Card + 5% Pension + Health Care + 20 Days Holiday + Christmas Leave + fantastic career progression
- No previous sales experience is required – however you must have a true desire for Sales, using your Scientific Degree to your advantage with technical knowledge of the Life Sciences products – Sales would be desirable
- You must have a minimum of a BSc in a Life Science subject i.e. Molecular Biology, Micro Biology, Biological Sciences, Immunology, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Science, Human Sciences or equivalent
- A real determined, self motivated, enthusiastic, rewards driven, articulate, well presented person and able to convey technical information
- Experience working in a laboratory dealing with Molecular Biology techniques i.e. PCR, electrophoresis, ELISA, pipetting, cell culture, sample storage, southern or western blotting etc
- Ideally but not essentially you will have interacted with scientific sales representatives (Shadowing) or been involved in the buying or selling of laboratory products (Procurement)
- Have strong customer service skills
- You must possess a full and clean UK driver’s license to be considered and be eligible to work in the EU
- Full sales & product training will be given
- They immediately seek a highly dedicated, enthusiastic and customer focused Account Manager to be responsible for existing account management and new business development in the North East – with the key areas being: Newcastle, Durham, Teesside, Harrogate, York, Hull and Darlington
- The role will encompass 80% account management and 20% business development selling a diverse product and premium, high quality range of laboratory consumables and pipette calibration services
- Reporting to the Southern Regional Sales Manager, you will be tasked with selling the company’s products and services in territory to Universities, Biotech, Pharma and life science research institutes
- You will also have great existing key accounts with fantastic revenue and customer/ client relationships to manage
The Company and Opportunity:
- This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an award-winning manufacturer of Liquid Handling Technology who have experienced an impressive 15% average year on year sales growth for the last twelve years and have successfully grown by over 9% in 2015.
- A dynamic company with a focus on new product development; they have extended their portfolio and now have an extensive range of products including pipettes, pipette tips, gloves, PCR and high through put consumables
- This a team focused organisation that empowers its UK sales and marketing team through regular training, sales meetings and inspirational management. They just keep winning awards and keep on growing!
Apply right now by calling Ben Atherton at Langton Howarth Ltd on 0113 243 3499 or email your up to date word CV to email@example.com. Langton Howarth is the market leading scientific supplies company placing people into opportunties across the UK and Europe daily.
To be considered for this vacancy you must have full right to work in the UK
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.